Used 1999 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great ride for a truck

rocket3, 11/04/2010
SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I was surprised how this truck handles in corners, I didn't expect that GM has some great things in their products. Well built and very reliable

This truck is too small!

youngblooddale, 12/31/2003
SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is cute, but that's about all it has going for it. There is no leg room, no arm room, put it this way, you might feel more comfortable in an airplane riding in coach. And please don't pick up a passenger, they'll hate you for it. Hopefully you don't live in a town with hills or mountains, because this little guy has no power. This is the type of vehicle you want to test drive for a few days or even rent.

Fun Truck

Keithwilgus, 06/15/2004
SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Fun to drive. Very responsive, quick but very rough ride.

Happy Sonoma owner

KENNE-BILL, 09/21/2008
SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned my '99 Sonoma for about a month now and am very happy with it. I bought it used with 69,000 miles on it, body is solid and rust free and the original white paint still looks decent. As far as I can tell everything still works on the truck except for a bad AC compressor that I have already replaced. It's a regular cab, 2.2l with a 5 speed trans, I'm happy with the acceleration. I calculated 26 mpg on my first tank of gas which is why I stepped up to a 4 cylinder truck, my old '92 Sonoma with a 4.3/auto was getting only about 17.5 mpg.

Low cost utility

dave8697, 09/12/2007
SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought mine with 88,000 miles on it and a/c and dash lights broken. Needs alignment and one ball joint has some wear. Used to own a 2000 S-10 so I knew what to expect. Previous owner replaced alternator and water pump. I've put a rebuilt a/c in it. For an 8 year old truck, it has only been in shop twice. Got 25.5 mpg on 1200 mile trip. Seats OK, brakes very good. Carried 1200 lb load with no problem.