Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Poor metal quality in major engine parts.
By Roger

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Lifters collapsing. Serviced every 3000 miles. GMC should recall on this but refuse to admit and won't help. Wanted to buy American. Never again!

2007 GMC Sierra Classic Z71
By Robert Okray

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My last truck was a Chevy and ran 250k. My Gmc has 90k and runs like new. Don't be cheap, get the SLT. All the goodies are awesome.

high oil consumption ,delay in throttle response and cheaply built parts
By nickb407

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

6.0 litre vortex max...i love the looks of it and it really is a hard working truck.
at 2 years of age i was using aprox 1 1/2 quarts of oil between changes. at three to four years old. i couldnt make it a full oil change before getting a low oil light ( about 3 quarts low). no leaks, just burning it.
also its a huge truck with little leg room for me.
and a sometimes very scary delay in throttle response.
when hitting the gas to cross a busy street and it doesnt move for a full second seems like an hour!!
and very cheaply made parts.... a stabilizer link made from plastic!!
really?!
how ridiculous

my favorite feature was the heated windshield washer fluid till they recalled it and disconnected it. i will never purchase another gm product, and ashamed to say but probably never an american made vehicle again.

use better made parts and fix the oil consumption problem. $50k should have zero ploblems!!

Third Sierra and have loved them all!
By jmacs97gmc

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've have my current Sierra since April, 2007 and the best decision I made was not buying the extended warranty.
I've had no problems whatsoever (knock on wood).
I've read several of the reviews about the issue of oil consumption which I have not experienced, but will pay a little more attention to the issue.
I will say, I don't use the oil monitor.
I still change my oil about every 3000 to 3500 miles.
Old habits and old men are hard to change.
Bottom line is although I like the looks of the new Fords and love the interior storage of the Dodge pickups, nothing will get me to walk away from my GMC.

Ride; tightness; dependability

More interior storage (get a little more creative); figure out a way to give me back my heated washer fluid.

Good truck if you are OK with the MPG
By tr709

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I originally wasn't interested in the Denali, but I stumbled upon a killer lease deal ($399 mo), so I went for it. My only complaint with the build quality was with the exterior door handles in which both fronts came loose. I'm currently getting 15.5 mpg in 80% highway driving and with my recent move and longer commute, I'm paying for it. You will need to rotate the tires on schedule as the fronts will wear by 25k if you don't, But that is common with most trucks. Overall I have been satisfied with my truck and the reliability has been very good, routine maint, tires and 1 headlight bulb have been it. I now have 38k miles on it.

power, AWD, comfort, XM & sunroof