Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Safari for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Vehicle

Bob, 02/17/2007
2002 GMC Safari SLE AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the GMC Safari new in 2002 because I needed a vehicle that would haul our stuff to our cabin in Northern Michigan which also had All Wheel Drive for the mud and snow we frequeny encounter. The truck based Safari was the perfect answer and it has proven to be just that. After 108,000 miles, the only repair it has needed was a an alternator during the first year covered by warranty. Too bad there isn't a comparable vehicle available today. Guess I'll keep it. It's still strong and I expect at least 250,000 miles out of it.

Great Van, Awesome work vehicle

marc, 03/16/2021
2002 GMC Safari SLE Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 GMC safari used with around 70k on it in 2017. Not a typo...guy bought it to tow a boat and apparently nothing else. Guy mistreated it and lived by the ocean so we have had a hell of a time with rust/corrosion, However, once we dealt with all of that crap, it's a good little Van... or not so little. Holds Full sheets of drywall comfortably (with the seats out of course) and has plenty of power with that Vortec motor. The 195 HP feels like more. If you blindfolded me I would swear its a medium v8. This is my 3rd work minivan and it has been the best of the lot (nissan and dodge) If you can get one in decent shape, grab it... no one really makes a BIG interior work van like this anymore in this price range. I am buying a new truck but still keeping the safari for purely practical reasons.

3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
4.25 out of 5 stars

Very Good Mini-Van... Great Value!

HeatherB, 06/11/2004
2002 GMC Safari SLE Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great family vehicle. Reliable and comfortable.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Good, Comfy, Van

Kyle Brautigan, 04/17/2004
2002 GMC Safari SLE AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned these vans since they came out in 1985. The are roomier, more powerful, and capable than most other minivans on market. These vans have always been reliable besides for a few minor problems. We had to replace brakes at 15,000 miles and GMC wouldn't cover it under warranty which made me angry and made me wonder what the warranty was for.I like the truck- like sensation and this is no woss minivan. The ride is harsh over rough surfaces and it doesn't handle as well as car-based minivans. The interior is cheap plastic and poorly made. Even in the uplevel SLT it is lacking luxury features.

4.38 out of 5 stars

When A Minivan Just Won't Do ...

Roadapple, 06/10/2002
2002 GMC Safari SLE AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is AWD Safari #2 for us (the '97 got a bit tired at 137k), and its a great family vehicle for long trips, especially in bad weather. No other AWD van has this much room, and especially cargo room, even when traveling with a full load of 8 people. We put 35k+ miles a year on this vehicle, and its tough enough to take it -- wouldn't buy anything else, especially for the money. Only flaw is front end offset crash test results -- could do much better.