Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

AMAZING

Genesis Driver , 09/06/2021
3.5T Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I love love LOVE my GV70!!! The exterior design is sleek and an eye catcher from the front or rear. It's like a Bentley...until a Bentley pulls up. The GV70 '22 is brand new and looks amazing. Pluses - the console has a 14 inch-touch screen display, the gear shift is a dial, there is massage capability in the driver seat, there's heated AND ventilated seats, the ambient interior lighting is nice, panoramic moonroof, and there are unique Interior leather colors (i.e. red, blue, green). The red is H-O-T. The only minus I would say is the gas mileage. I keep mine on eco to save on gas. You get a lot for for an SUV at this price point. The drive is smooth. Thumbs up for 375 hp . I like that the packages are straight forward and easy to understand. There are not a ton of add ons that get confusing. I have the 3.5T Sport Standard. It feels luxurious!!!

3 out of 5 stars

Picked up a 2.5 Sport Prestige…so far no regrets.

John, 08/22/2021
updated 07/06/2022
2.5T 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Updating review after about a year of ownership. I ended up trading this car in for a BMW, there were just too many things about it that started to bug me. The Good things 1. The car looks great. I’ve had more people come up to me and start talking about this car than any other car I’ve owned 2. The interior materials and design are top notch 3. The HDA2 features are great. 4. The car has a lot of usable space. More than expected given its size. 5. The car is quiet. Impressively quiet. They really did a good job minimizing road and tire noise. The Bad 1. The gas mileage is bad. About 21 mpg using premium gas. This is with the 21 inch tires. The smaller tires should give better gas mileage but look kind of meh. 2. The half digital/half analog dashboard is a joke. Initially I was ok with it but after I saw cars $20k cheaper in the Hyundai line up with full digital it really started to bug me. The competition also offers full digital dash at the same price point. 3. The seats on the Sport Prestige have mesh inserts and look cheap. Yes, they allow the ventilated seats to work really well but I only use that feature 3 months out of the year. More importantly, don’t even think about using the seat massage. After using it a few times, the seat got stuck in an in between state between normal and massage. I could never get them back to where the seat wasn’t uncomfortable after that. 4. Part of the reason I couldn’t get the seat back is because the dealer never responded to my concierge request to have it looked at. I don’t think this is uncommon with that service. Without dedicated dealers and loaner fleets, I don’t see how this lack of response won’t continue to be a problem. Just unacceptable given the price and what the competition offers. This car stickered for as much as a very well equipped Q5 or X3 (~ $55k). The So So 1. I’m torn on the powertrain. The engine feels great at highway speeds. Ex. accelerating from 55-75. The engine feels a tick slow and laggy accelerating from a stop. Ex. Accelerating from 0-60 to get onto a highway. Published 60 times are around 5.6-6.0 but these are with launch control and not normal acceleration. 2. The Lexicon system is clear but weak. Weak=Having to turn it up to 60 out 70 to get a nice loud sound. 3. The overall car tech is impressive, however it fails to execute on the fundamentals. Ex. It gives you neat things like posture analysis but then fails 60% of the time to apply those settings when you start the car up. TL:DR summary, the car is pretty good but is let down by some nagging issues and an underdeveloped dealer network. If the car was discounted relative to the competition, these would be easier to overlook. However, if you’re charging as much as a Q5 or X3 you better offer similar tech for the price (ex full digital dashboard) and dealer experience (being able to schedule an appointment to get the car serviced). Genesis doesn’t do this. Changing rating to three stars. ### I think this car is worth a look if you’re shopping in the Q5/GLC/X3 space. I traded in a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus for it and so far it’s been superior to the Audi in most areas. My rating is 4 stars due to the dealership experience and option unavailability on the 2.5. Pros -The 2.5 puts out 300hp and over 300lb ft of torque. It seems noticeably faster than the Q5 I traded. (Not as fast as the X3 M40s I test drove) - Good steering feel. The AWD is rear biased and the steering feels more communicative than the Audi -Styling. Styling is subjective but I think the interior/exterior design is better than what the Germans are putting out -Warranty. Genesis gives a longer bumper to bumper and powertrain warranty than the Germans. The complementary 3yr/36k maintenance is a nice add on. -Features/Misc. The standard safety features are great and it just has a lot of “neat” tech features for the price. The highway driving assist and smart cruise are really good. Cons -Combined gas mileage is only in the 21-22 mpg range. I was getting 25 mpg in my Q5 -The Lexicon audio is good but not great. It has good clarity but the bass is noticeably weak. -The dealership experience is lacking. This is expected since Genesis is colocated with Hyundai. For now I’m ok with it since my previous Audi/Lexus dealer experiences were just ok. -The way Genesis only makes certain options only available on the 3.5 trim is annoying. There’s no good reason the full digital instrument cluster and ELSD aren’t available on the 2.5 Sport Prestige.

Surprisingly Great Car

CJ3, 11/12/2021
3.5T Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

After reading a lot of reviews and a test drive I purchased a GV70 (sport). I have never owned an SUV prior to this one although I have previously looked at them. I traded in a 2017 G80 (great car) on my purchase and sold a Nissan Z (retirement car) in order to purchase this car (just purchased). At 70 years old and was looking for a safe comfortable final car to drive. Unbelievably the GV70 has more internal luxury than my previously owned G80. Although my need for speed days are over, but note the engine (V6 twin turbo) has more horse power and torque than my previously owned Z sports coupe. I keep and drive the CV70 in comfort mode which has a smooth ride. I am six feet tall and have some Arthritis in my back. The seats for me are very comfortable. I have seen a lot of people looking at the car and fielded a lot of questions at the gas station or parking lots. The exterior looks sleek and expensive. It’s important to state that I do not have the advance package, and my car still has numerous built in safety features. The only negative I could possibly mention is the in town (stop and go) gas mileage. Non stop and go is not great but not bad for this type of vehicle. I love it.

5 out of 5 stars

A Porsche Macan for $43k out-the-door!

2.5GV70, 09/04/2021
2.5T 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Believe me when i say that “Made in Korea” screams QUALITY! Performance! Luxury! 2.5L Turbo 300 hp. Exhilarating adrenaline when you switch to sport and push on the pedal. Launch control, all time 4WD, Auto steer lane assist (even with hands-off ;-) stop & go cruise with machine learning -comes standard. Tesla like Genesis app gives you full remote access to your car from anywhere as long as your phone has network. Apple car play & Android auto is standard. Colors & trims are at par with the german makes -benz bmw. Far superior than audi, lexus, acura, infiniti, volvo -period! 3 year service valet, 3 yr maintenance, 3 year roadside assistance, 3 yr Genesis connect service -FREE!

Phenomenal Vehicle

carguy26, 10/23/2021
3.5T Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So let me start off by saying this won 2022 car of the year. I bought the Sport Prestige in July and since then have put over 10,000mi on it without a single issue. I don’t know why that one star review is even here because the fit and finish on this car is better than most cars you can buy for over 100k. And let’s not even get started on material choices and features by the Germans for their price point. Anyhow I I would recommend this car to anybody looking for a small sport crossover. Base model or top trim the value and quality is immense! The GV 70 didn’t win 2022 car of the year over all the German rivals for nothing. 🤷‍♂️

12345...7