Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love it, Drive it, Beat it, Race it.
By 300HPGT

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have now owned my 2005 Mustang GT Coupe for 2 1/2 years and have put 91,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new and I love this car. I drive it extremely hard and the only things that have had to be replaced on the car were because of my driving habbits. I race the car on weekends and power shift daily. I am on my second transmission and 4th clutch because I am so hard on it. 1st trans warranty replaced. The alternators stink on this car. Had one replaced under warranty. Need another. It causes a cam shaft sensor problem but oh well I still love the car. Overall I give it a 10 and love driving the car 100 miles every day for work and for pleasure on the weekends. It's built Ford tough!

Acceleration, handling after being lowered, Looks, fun factor, putting a grin on my face taking out '01 Corvettes.

Better electrical system, better alternator, better seats, different cup holders for M5.

I love my car!
By MustangSally

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a present to myself for getting my graduate degree. I'm a single mom and so tired of being practical! My kids and I love cranking the music and putting the top down! There are a few small things I'd change but I have so much fun with this car. Even ordered a vanity plate!

Ease of putting the top down. Great six changer cd/speaker system. Great turning radius, great pick up. Don't let anyone tell you that you need a GT!

Stronger clips on the back of the seats (the ones that actually tilt the seat forward). More compartments in the dash to hold sunglasses, cell phone, etc, and cup holders that can fold in/out in back seating area.

Supercharged GT is Super
By tommyboy

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our '05 Supercharged Mustang GT Premium is a real blast to drive! We loved the stock 300 H.P. Stang as it came, after we added the Vortech SQ polished Supercharger with the matching air-to-water intercooler she really came to life! The Supercharger with the intercooler is the answer to serious Stang 500 H.P. The Vortech is a real addition to the beauty of this car as well. We show it in the local CA. car shows and people always flock around to check it out.We take people out for a little test drive and they are always so surprized at the power this Stang will display."I'm still shaking" is not uncommon. In terms of bang for the buck, you can't beat the supercharged Stang!

Design and performance

This is my first and last Mustang
By nest

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is not a performance car. It is very slow at the start and feels very heavy; it has "no" traction control though they claim it has ( I wonder do they really understand what that is); driver's seat is very uncomfortable for longer rides; visibility is very poor; a heating system takes forever to clear the back window and side mirrors (and it turns itself off in just a few minutes); the AC unit stinks because the engine heats the interior greatly; the sound system is junk probably in all respects; the cup holders location is useless if you have a stick; glove compartment is a joke; and mileage (WOW) 12.5 per gallon(city and freeway) - that's a scam.Think twice.

Stop lying about mpg.

BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!
By Zander

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This has got to be the most boring car I have ever owned. The inside is disgusting! Worse design I have ever seen in a car. It looks like something from the 70's with no form. Everything is just flat and boring. As for driving... the horse power is ok. With some aftermarket mods you can make it handle and move a lot better. It's better than the old mustang but no where near European or Japanese sports cars. Still can't take corners at anything like the speed a car like this should. Outside design is cool but doesn't make up for the rest of the car. Problems; several electrical connections weren't connected in the factory. Wheel and tire problems with shuddering, replaced O2 sensor already.

It looks good but that's it. If you want a driver's car then look at European or Japanese.

Add in the aftermarket mods before shipping to dealership. Learn how to make a car handle. Connect everything before shipping! And for goodness sake, learn how to build a reliable car. It's not difficult, other makers have been doing it for years. Maybe Ford should sell out to Japanese?