2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual w/EcoBoost - (14 reviews )

It's True
By Author

2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pretty much all the reviews are spot on. For me I have one complaint that could be m fault, I haven't heard anyone else having this problem. Basically there have been times when I have to shift after a stop I have accidentally engaged the gear into reverse. Other than that I love the car and I working on a hack to link Siri or Alexa to my car. I'm thinking it might be easier to use Siri since I can link my IPhone to the Sync syst. An added bonus would be using the Apple Watch. How cool would it be to have the Siri sound like kit?

the bolster seats were killing me within minutes
By amy williams

2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

after sitting in the car a few minutes while the salesman explained some things, I felt pressure on both hips, and by the time I came back from the test drive it was very uncomfortable. My husband also felt the bolster was too narrow/stiff in the passenger seat. He is 200 lbs, 6 ft, with skinny hips!. Nice other wise, if you are a small person, with thin hips. Pass

Awesome Car!!!
By Kevin McLemore

2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

ST1 owner, sound is great for a base model, acceleration is great, handling awesome!!! For the money you can't buy a better car.

Traded our Focus Hatch for a Focus ST
By Charles

2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We were looking at an SUV (Escape) when the ST could our attention. We really hated the idea of driving an SUV on an every day basis and we loved our Focus. The dealer threw in roof racks for those occasional hauling duties and we stayed with a Focus but one with amazing performance. The one weak point in our previous Focus was the auto transmission. We love driving a manual again as it ups the fun factor to a considerable degree. The ST is a delight, fast, fun, and engaging. We take it everywhere because its such fun to drive. One down side is the Recaro seats. My butt fits fine. However, I'm 5'7", 175, with broad shoulders. The Recaro seats are too constricting at the shoulders. I'd have been happier with the regular front seats in the Focus. Overall, we love the ST and are looking forward to putting many miles on it as we explore the back roads of America. An addition benefit is that I get to buy American, something we consider important.

Positive Early Review Base ST
By Sido

2016 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Update: Still good, even better. Finally got to know the car after five weeks and 1,500 miles. Car continues to surprise me, in a good way, well thought out and with ample performance characteristics, especially its torquey power. Drove vehicle from LA to Big Bear, about 80 miles each way, plus another 50 or so exploring. ST mastered the 7,000-foot ascent effortlessly and surprised me by accelerating in any gear range, including 6th. Accessible power and great road manners going up and down mountain curves. Sure-footed. Also, under strenuous conditions, still turned average 26 MPG for the trip.
As other drivers comment, there is pronounced torque steer per FWD acceleration; I knew that before purchase and I accept it.
The car is very pleasing and feels competent.