Used 2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:

Happy Camper
By john skierski

2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

You'll get used to the size. Watch your rear fenders. Love the turn radius. Towing 43ft. 3in. 14,000 lb. fifth wheel.

*Update* Love my 2011 Ford F450 King Ranch
By Jim B

Update 10-9-18. I have this truck running like new with huge improvement in power and stability. Bought 7 new tires, steering stabilizer, rear airbags and new shocks. Also, changed out the old EGR cooler to Fords improved design for better airflow and less likely to coke up. Update: 4-10-18. I continue to make little repairs and putting accessories on too. Bringing this truck to new like condition is a daunting task. Every part is expensive and heavy duty. I don't mind the expense since I am improving my highly capable truck and making it last longer. If I lost this truck to an accident at total loss, I would look into buying a new F-450.

I picked this truck up last month (3-2017) and I am very impressed of fords design and 6.7l diesel power. I can leave a traffic light just as fast as any car on the road. This truck can haul most anything with GCWR @ 33,000 lbs.

2011 F450 Lariat Dually - What a HORSE!
By Mike Reeder

2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The external sensors stopped working at year 5. Same year as one of the brake rotors actually broke in half! This truck cost $70,000 when new! That's too much and I will not do it again. 6.7 L diesel is a real work horse and it will lose traction way before bogging down the engine. The dual rear wheels are ok for highway pulling but for use in the country they are a hindrance and will not bite into frozen or wet ground well. Loved the interior, however and it's overall appearance is absolutely GREAT!

You will not find a better vehicle
By Scott

Best overall vehicle I have ever owned. I've driven many trucks over the years, and this one hands down tops them all in every category. I was recently involved in an accident with this truck. Someone was racing down the interstate while chatting on the cell phone, made a bad judgement on lane change and rolled the car. It bounce around the front of my truck, when under the front end, and rolled about 10 times. I stood on the brakes and my truck came to a safe controlled stop almost instantly. My truck suffered only minor cosmetic damage to the front, despite having a 4000 lb car rolling and bouncing off the front grill.

While it was in the shop, I was given a Dodge 2500 cummins mid level model. I never realized what a good truck I had until I drove the Dodge. Mine is a 2011 with about 100k and the rental was brand new. No comparison. I could not wait to get back into my F450. I lucked out and found mine on a lot at a decent price. If you are considering a HD truck, the F450 is unbeatable. I tow a dump trailer with on average between 8000 and 14000 lbs like its not even there, getting on average about 12mpg.

Great Hauler
By norse56

Replacement for 2008 F-450.
In pulling 20,000 horse trailer, 2011 gets 10+ mpg vs 7 mpg.
Difference in power/torque is remarkable with the new engine.
Unloaded ride is much better with the smaller, non-commercial tires that came on the 2008.
Unloaded highway mileage is 16+ mpg vs 12 in the 2008.
Only have 800 miles on truck, so mileage should climb, once broken in.

Ford Sync system with real-time weather info, which displays color radar info and wind direction/velocities on the navigational map is extremely helpful in pulling high profile trailers.

Better security system to prevent professional thieves from "popping the door lock" to gain access to truck.