Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 322 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2005 SuperCrew
By Scott

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years and this is by far the best all around truck I've ever owned. The interior is top notch quality that rivals my wife's luxury SUV (I won't mention what brand, but it's a direct competitor). The 5.4 Triton offers the power I need, yet still gets very respectable gas mileage. Trucks I've owned in the past have always been weekend warriors, but this truck is my everyday driver, just because it's so much fun to drive. Its handling characteristics are very well mannered for a truck. This is my second Ford in 7 years and I haven't had any problems in 7 years. I will probably be a Ford owner for a long time to come.

I love the quiet interior and striking good looks of the exterior. Looks are bold without going over the top like all the other truck makers on the market that are trying to break the mold by seeing who can come up with the most chopped up body lines and the most backward looking headlights.

The automatic has very tall gear ratios between gears. Offer a 5 speed automatic and throw the 4 speed automatic away. The rest of the truck is perfect.

Glad it's only a lease
By Rick Casorio

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One more year to go on the lease then I'm done with Ford. Never get the 4.6L V8, way underpowered. Never buy one with the General Tires, noisiest tire on the planet. Hope you can overcome the electronic throttle lag when you push the gas. Hope you don't buy one like I did that the transmission fried at 12,000k because some seal blew connecting the transmission to the transfer case. Ford doesn't put "new" transmissions in anymore, just rebuilts. And this rebuilt one has been serviced 2 times already and it still doesn't run right. Expect 12mpg in the winter and 15mpg in the summer. Only owned 2 Fords in my lifetime and both have been a disappointment. This is it! Pity too because I get the Ford Discount.

The exterior looks.

Quit looking for the cheapest suppliers to build your products, it shows. Improve reliability and by all means go back to a throttle cable.

Surprisingly high quality!
By Shinbo

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my very first truck that I have ever purchased. After researching and test driving all the competitors (Silverado, Ram, Tundra), I have absolutely no regrets about buying an F-150. The body style is attractive and burly. Ride is quite comfortable, and the overall quality just surpasses everything that I was expecting.

Exterior design. 5.4L V8 never feels like it's lacking power. Factory Roush package (20" wheels, billet grille, chrome running boards, upgraded suspension).

A more sophisticated factory security system. Handles to help rear passengers get into the truck.

Nice Truck
By Dan M

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the truck as a leftover 2005 about 2-1/2 months ago. Rebates/discounts were aggressive, making it a good value. I only have 1200 miles on it. The truck rides smooth, very quiet, great interior space, sufficient power. The truck is heavy, so the acceleration is only okay given it has 300 hp. However, I will use it to tow a 6,300 lb travel trailer, so additional mass in the truck helps keep the trailer from pushing the truck around. The rack and pinion steering is very good, it cruises the interstate with great on-center feel. Heated seats are nice in the north country. Moonroof is quiet when open or closed (unlike many other vehicles). If you like it, buy one!

- Interior is very roomy, comfortable, and quiet. - Stereo sounds very good (6-CD player with Audiophile option). - Some of the small options are surprisingly cheap and are useful: electric rear window, electric foot pedal adjustment, and backup sensor. - Very nice looking truck (in my opinion) .

- Some interior hard plastic, soft-touch type would be nice - Front fender liners insufficient. Slop comes through the bumper/body gap making a mess. Also, fog light wiring is exposed - Part-time 4WD is antiquated; "automatic" 4WD, like the Explorer, would be a big plus on marginally slippery days.

love my truck
By brian

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love having a truck that is so luxurious; it turns heads whereever I go. The interior and exterior design are flawless.

Instrument cluster, 5.4 ltr V8, and overall style.

Bed liner and leather seats that are all leather, not a piece of leather for the seat portion and the remainder is vinyl.