Used 2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Love it, if it weren't for all the rattles!
By R. Lewis

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love everything about my escape, its the 2.0 turbo, but the interior rattles drive me nuts, and there's too many to even try and have "fixed". Sad that a vehicle with so few miles on it sounds like a 300,000 mile car. infact, I drive my '71 Chevy truck more because it's almost rattle free and 45 years old. I would really love it if it was quieter inside, but I'll probably have to get rid of it for something better built.

Love it, if it weren't for all the rattles!
By R. Lewis

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Buyer Beward
By Mike Y.

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2014 Ford Escape new. Transmission failed at 77k miles. Powertrain warranty is for 60k miles. The owners manual calls for zero maintenance until 150k miles. I reached out to Ford to try recoup costs for this lemon and they refused. Replacement transmission cost $5,900 with tax and labor. Considering sticker price was around $30,000, one would expect the transmission to last longer than the first set of tires. I was wrong. Hopefully others will find a better quality vehicle.

Love the escape
By Nicholas Young

2014 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research on small suv's and the escape hasn't disappointed.

Don't buy a Ford.
By Randy Brockman

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Steering wheel is offset to the right just enough to not be inline with the dash gauges. They lied about the MPG. You can figure on the tradin-value to lose at the rate of $10k per year for the first two. Horrible wind noise, you can't roll the windows down at 55mph and keep your hearing.