Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Escape!!
By Catherine

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love this car. It has little issues like sometimes the Sync wouldn't work or the low tire pressure light would go on for no reason. The hands free liftgate is really just a gimmick, doesn't work unless you have the keys really close to the car. Its not luxury but it is a great car.

I LOVE MY ESCAPE!!
By Rgtstylist

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have I had recalls? Yes. Is it annoying? Sometimes. In my case, Ford has kept up with what needed to be done before it was a problem. And the service department and service managers have been excellent. I have had 44 cars since I turned 16. I'm 54 now. Usually I keep a car a year or 2. But I can't bring myself to trade this one. Since I bought it I have had 3 other cars (I usually have a SUV/truck and a car at the same time.) and have no desire to replace this one. The leather seat fit me like it was made for me and having a back problem, that is very important. I have almost 20,000 miles in 3 years so I expect to own this SUV quite a while. Lovin my "SilverBullit".

My 13 Escape
By Snowman

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2013 Ford Escape I had was an outstanding vehicle. I put over 70K on it in three years driving cross country twice. I never felt compromised in any situation whether it was snow, rain , mountains or just straight highway driving. Plenty of acceleration with ECO Boost (turbo) great gas mileage usually @ 30 highway 24 city. My wife is a small woman and was very pleased with control access and road view. I'll just say that we liked it so much we traded it and bought a 2016 Escape:)

Recalls...transmission...now what?
By Mike

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and the transmission started shifted poorly. I've occasionally had a few slips here and there and while it caused a slight concern, it did not happen enough to warrant further investigation. Now, the car won't run and I'm told it's $5000 to fix it!!! Not only will I not have a car for a week, I just lost my vacation $$ for the next 2 years. Thanks Ford!! The worst part about all this....I actually own Ford stock! It will take about 10 years of dividends to pay this bill...UGH

NEVER A FORD AGAIN!!!!
By gamergirl

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all the epa needs to investigate ford for it's mileage as it is way underestimated!! I would be lucky to get 21 mpg city and 25 hywy. Next lets talk about the 1000 recalls that where on it when I bought it. I'm almost 40 years old and this is my first new/used car. I didn't do my research at all! Got it in and loved it. Had all the bells and whistle that didn't work half the time. Not to mention the sync, navigation, hands free, and radio having a mind of it's own. Never new what or how to get a code for the outside of the door. The back door clamps broke and the door wouldn't open. They finally broke and we would have had to replace the entire inner door frame. Also, front axels needed replaced, TURBO LEAKING OIL! Guess what I don't have a car. I'm down 2k from what I owe. Only had it 2 years with 81k miles on it. Taking a HUGE loss. Never go near a ford again. Also, my mother has the eco boost with 31K on her car and she is trading it in. Won't deal with that BS AGAIN!!