2018 Ford EcoSport SUV Consumer Reviews

1(0%)
4.3
31 reviews
2018 Ford EcoSport
See reviews for a specific EcoSport model:
Items per page:51050
12345...7

Fun to drive

Jeremy, 02/20/2018
SES 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’ve only had the EcoSport SES for 3 days it also just came out last week , I love this crossover it is fun to drive it’s everything you would want in a small suv . I’m no car expert but I find the pickup to be good it’s very quick and handles the road well , lots of extra features. I also have a 2017 Escape I find them very similar clearly the Escape is roomier but not as fun to drive.

update at 6700 miles

Harry Brewin, 06/15/2018
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I can't find a real con yet. It out-rides much larger cars on our rough roads in northern Vermont. Good price, good mileage, don't know about Ford service yet or warranty work. I'm 6' and have no trouble getting in or out and the vehicle has surprising road clearance. If the 4wd drive works fine next year, I'd be surprised if it isn't a very good snow car. New: Used it in snow and ice, the 4wd worked just fine on some steep, icy slopes.

Unique little SUV

LV, 12/12/2018
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I saw this car at the dealership while my huge lemon of a 2017 Escape was getting serviced (again). I asked a few questions and wanted to go for a test drive and I fell in love! It drove similar to my escape but was just smaller in stature. I have almost 11,000 miles on it now and it’s been great! It’s done well for its size in the snow and my only real complaint I have so far is it didn’t come with heated side mirrors which is a problem living in Minnesota and unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be able to be added on. If you’re in the market for a small SUV on a budget the Ecosport is a great choice.

Ad
Build Your Ecosport

Select Color: Diamond White

Love my new little one!

Renee, 07/29/2018
S 4dr SUV (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6A)

So far very very happy with my little SUV/Crossover. I love everything about it. I am 57 and have been through many cars. Every car was purchase for a need, sport car when young, Van when starting a family, Big SUV when the kids were older, even a midlife car for when I didnt want to be as old as I am getting. This little car is everything I need. I commute a long distance daily, gas mileage pretty good (always want better) comfort for distance driving, tech is good in car (still figuring everything out, so far pretty simple). I really really like this car and will keep it for a long time. No need for anything different, it has all I need. For the first time, I dont even mind paying the payments on it. I got a great deal on the base model. Will Keep. Still loving my little car after 6 months of owning...

My 2018 Ford EcoSport Review in "S" Trim

Phil1336, 04/07/2018
S 4dr SUV (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6A)

After almost 3 months of Ownership an 1500 miles driven, so dar I am very pleased with the Vehicle. I must admit, I am partial to Ford Vehicles over many years an traded in my 2013 Ford C-Max SE Hybrid for this EcoSport. It looks very much like a baby Escape! Fit an Finish is great an concerns about quality control for a car built in India is unfounded. The "Value" is in the (S) Trim. Unless you need more Technology with SYNC 3 an a Power Sunroof, $21,000 included Delivery is the MSRP. This is (NOT) a 27K or 28K Vehicle no matter how many Bells an Whistles you add to it. Performance, braking, steering, an driving in general is great. Interior Instrument Layout, Seating an general quality of Materials are above average for this segment. Leg room an height is fine in Front but if you adjust the front seats to the Max back, rear leg room is marginal. Two objections. 1st, below average Fuel Economy for a 3 cyl Engine that is but 1 Ltr in size. Secondly, they removed the CD Disk Player on their Audio Systems in all Trim Levels altogether. Not everyone whats to throw away their entire collection of CD`s an "Stream" their music. Not including at least the Sirius Satelite module in the Base S Trim is annoying as an entertainment backup. An 11K Hyundai Accent or Kia Rio includes the Sirius/XM Software. Comparing the 2018 Ford EcoSport with my other Vehicle, a 2017 Honda HR-V LX, I prefer the EcoSport. Looks are subjective but I like the high ground clearance of the EcoSport an the left hinged Rear Hatch Door despite taking a bit to get used to works fine as well. Update as of Oct 13, 2018 Not much to add to my earlier review with just over 6K Driven so far. Fuel Economy is still very poor! My prediction is this Ford Vehicle will be dropped from their Lineup here in North America very soon. Anyone remember the ill fated Ford Five Hundred? Lasted maybe 2 years? For just over 20K, a Honda HR-V is a much better choice and will have a much larger re-sale value at Trade Ins h33c

12345...7