Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Nice looking truck Buyer beware GM lacks support
By Brian

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this truck 17 months ago. 22000 miles off lease. After 3 months I had to replace Battery. Charging system overcharges battery causing battery to fail pre-maturely. The new battery is starting to do the same thing the last 1 did. At the start of summer the a/c failed. Had the Schrader valve replaced $94, lasted about 2 weeks. Had condenser replaced and recharged again $209, lasted about 4 weeks. This hasn't been fixed yet. After researching and finding out that the14 and 15 Silverados have faulty A/C Discharge Hoses (millions of complaints about the problem) I Made a complaint to Chevrolet, they told me I have to get a diagnosis from dealer $139. so the dealer gets to rip me off for another $139 for a diagnosis already performed by my own qualified mechanic. But Chevrolet wont process a complaint without diagnosis from their Qualified mechanics. While the dealer has the truck they fix a recall for the steering, perform an oil change and diagnose A/C. when I pay the bill they report that The A/C needs a Discharge Hose (I told them that when I got there) and recharge the system $540. Then the report also says that I need a new radiator $1120. About a month ago I had to have my mechanic address a couple grounding issues in the taillights. The undercoating on the frame is peeling off and has a sizeable amount of rust building up around the rear of the frame. The list of problems seems to continue to grow longer. The truck is absolutely beautiful to look at. Black and Chrome (the way I like it) The transmission shifts harder than I would like it to. The fuel mileage isn't that great. The cab is noisy. The ride is hard but I would expect a short bed truck to be a little rough. Chevrolet says that I am over my 36,000 mile warranty so they don't need to do anything. They will register the complaint. If there is ever a recall on the issues: my vehicle would be included, if it qualifies. So now I have a truck that I'm making payments on that needs repairs. The dealer says they would be glad to help me get into another vehicle. Isn't that nice of them! It wont be a GM product when I do trade it in. I'm going to loose my ass on this junk truck GM don't give a Damn and the dealer I salivating at the mouth, waiting for me to buy another vehicle. Once again the consumer eats all the loss!

Afm
By Jason

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Z71 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

V-4 sucks! AFM is the worst thing chevy has ever done! Very anoying! If your gonna make a v-8 leave it a v8! Those who want a 4 cylinder will buy a 4 cylinder!!!

Chevy Silverado
By Shar

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't had any major issues so far. I have had the truck for 2 years. Something that does concern me is when the truck is idle it does have a shake to it. I never notice while driving it though. I took it to one dealership but was told it was how the truck was supposed to be. I plan to go to others because I don't agree. . Also, as with everyone else the recalls are rideclous.

Reliable truck
By James Crawford

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Handles everything I throw at it. Pretty good on gas if I keep it light on the accelerator and in the bed. Handles loads well and towes great. I tow a two horse trailer (about 7,000lb) on a gooseneck and it handels well. A little noisy on hills, and pretty thirsty (11 mpg) (its the v8 version too, it wasn’t an option in the model selection). But gets the job done. Seats are comfortable, for a work truck. Vinal footwells are the best.

Please everyone never buy a chevy again !
By Don Boatwright

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado and I've only had it for about a year and a couple months I bought it certified used with only 32000 miles and I got it from Nimnicht Chevy and and pretty much ever since I got the truck I had issues six months after I bought the truck my AC went out so I thought it was a problem I could fix I replaced the valve and after a couple more months it leaked out again so I was working then I lost my job so I need in my truck to drive back and forth to look for a job so I didn't have enough time to take my truck to the shop to get it fixed so I just kept refilling it with refrigerant then after that I got a job and then my wife got one so she needed the truck to drive back and forth from work so then I didn't have enough time to take it up to the shop again and then finally a few days ago I had a major electrical issue I went and got gas turn my truck off right when I went to go turn the truck back on all the power in my truck completely went out I couldn't crank it I didn't have a radio I didn't have in cab lights nothing like I didn't even have a battery hooked up I read up and looked up some videos and found out there is a common issue with a ground wire that's on the in side between the dash and the a-pillar so I pulled that out and what do you know I didn't even have a nut on the driver side ground so I put a note on it then now I had power but still the lights were flicking the locks were going up and down and I still couldn't crank it I got it towed to my house check the battery it was pumping out 12.6 volts and it passed the battery test so that was fine I let it charge up overnight and I still couldn't get a jump off of it and I still couldn't charge it up enough to where it would crank and I was still having electrical issues so I get it towed to Garber Automall the Chevy side so that way they can take a look at it and before all this I called GM to let them know what issues I was having and told them I couldn't pay for it it only has 48000 miles on it it should not be having these issues and that they need to pay for it they said they will get it diagnosed all I had to pay was the Diagnostics fee which was $95 which that's fine I can do that but then come to find out they said there's something wrong with the battery which like I said before there was nothing wrong so that's $326 to put in a battery that's ridiculous and there is also a big malfunction with the stabilitrac that snatched the wheel out my hand as i was making a turn on the highway and almodt made me wreck ! Twice ! And then they said they fixed the AC and try to get ahold of GM GM said that they weren't going to help out with the AC either so now that's another $1,000 so all together for problems that's not my fault that's because of this piece of crap truck that I bought from a company that I thought I knew and loved and that I thought was going to help me because none of these are my fault it's all because of the truck I come to find out they won't take care of any of it so I have to pay $1,300 out of my pocket to get my truck back! So now I am very very pissed and also I do AutoGlass and work on a bunch of vehicles a lot of them are Chevy and since Chevy won't take care of this issue that is clearly their fault because of the POS truck they made I will be sure to never buy a chevy again and I will tell every customer I see this story and any customer with a chevy I will tell them to turn in this vehicle and buy a different one because it's a death trap and is a money pit and GM as a company is untrustworthy and unreliable . And I take care of about 1300 customers a year by myself . Just today I have 3 customers going to turn in their 2016 Silverado and going to Ford. I will be sure to post this same comment to every blog and video and website I can unroll something is done about this. YouTube or Google new chevy issues! You will see I am clearly not the only one !