Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy Silverado
By Shar

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't had any major issues so far. I have had the truck for 2 years. Something that does concern me is when the truck is idle it does have a shake to it. I never notice while driving it though. I took it to one dealership but was told it was how the truck was supposed to be. I plan to go to others because I don't agree. . Also, as with everyone else the recalls are rideclous.

Reliable truck
By James Crawford

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Handles everything I throw at it. Pretty good on gas if I keep it light on the accelerator and in the bed. Handles loads well and towes great. I tow a two horse trailer (about 7,000lb) on a gooseneck and it handels well. A little noisy on hills, and pretty thirsty (11 mpg) (its the v8 version too, it wasn’t an option in the model selection). But gets the job done. Seats are comfortable, for a work truck. Vinal footwells are the best.

Please everyone never buy a chevy again !
By Don Boatwright

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado and I've only had it for about a year and a couple months I bought it certified used with only 32000 miles and I got it from Nimnicht Chevy and and pretty much ever since I got the truck I had issues six months after I bought the truck my AC went out so I thought it was a problem I could fix I replaced the valve and after a couple more months it leaked out again so I was working then I lost my job so I need in my truck to drive back and forth to look for a job so I didn't have enough time to take my truck to the shop to get it fixed so I just kept refilling it with refrigerant then after that I got a job and then my wife got one so she needed the truck to drive back and forth from work so then I didn't have enough time to take it up to the shop again and then finally a few days ago I had a major electrical issue I went and got gas turn my truck off right when I went to go turn the truck back on all the power in my truck completely went out I couldn't crank it I didn't have a radio I didn't have in cab lights nothing like I didn't even have a battery hooked up I read up and looked up some videos and found out there is a common issue with a ground wire that's on the in side between the dash and the a-pillar so I pulled that out and what do you know I didn't even have a nut on the driver side ground so I put a note on it then now I had power but still the lights were flicking the locks were going up and down and I still couldn't crank it I got it towed to my house check the battery it was pumping out 12.6 volts and it passed the battery test so that was fine I let it charge up overnight and I still couldn't get a jump off of it and I still couldn't charge it up enough to where it would crank and I was still having electrical issues so I get it towed to Garber Automall the Chevy side so that way they can take a look at it and before all this I called GM to let them know what issues I was having and told them I couldn't pay for it it only has 48000 miles on it it should not be having these issues and that they need to pay for it they said they will get it diagnosed all I had to pay was the Diagnostics fee which was $95 which that's fine I can do that but then come to find out they said there's something wrong with the battery which like I said before there was nothing wrong so that's $326 to put in a battery that's ridiculous and there is also a big malfunction with the stabilitrac that snatched the wheel out my hand as i was making a turn on the highway and almodt made me wreck ! Twice ! And then they said they fixed the AC and try to get ahold of GM GM said that they weren't going to help out with the AC either so now that's another $1,000 so all together for problems that's not my fault that's because of this piece of crap truck that I bought from a company that I thought I knew and loved and that I thought was going to help me because none of these are my fault it's all because of the truck I come to find out they won't take care of any of it so I have to pay $1,300 out of my pocket to get my truck back! So now I am very very pissed and also I do AutoGlass and work on a bunch of vehicles a lot of them are Chevy and since Chevy won't take care of this issue that is clearly their fault because of the POS truck they made I will be sure to never buy a chevy again and I will tell every customer I see this story and any customer with a chevy I will tell them to turn in this vehicle and buy a different one because it's a death trap and is a money pit and GM as a company is untrustworthy and unreliable . And I take care of about 1300 customers a year by myself . Just today I have 3 customers going to turn in their 2016 Silverado and going to Ford. I will be sure to post this same comment to every blog and video and website I can unroll something is done about this. YouTube or Google new chevy issues! You will see I am clearly not the only one !

my first Chevrolet Silverado
By R. Pullin

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Chevrolet Silverado year 2014. This is a short bed truck and it rides like a buckboard. This truck will beat you to death. The inside instrumentation is for kids and not for men. I don't have time driving down the road trying to figure out all the buttons and what they do. I have received the second recall in this vehicle. I want a truck to be on the road and not in the shop. i traded in a 30 year old truck with a V 8 motor for this truck with a V 6 motor and it does not get any better mileage than the old truck did. That's not saying very much for today's technology. I have loss 18 inches of leg room in the front and 12 inches behind the seat. The cab is claustrophobic. I am right on top of the steering wheel and it's airbag and i can't get away from it. I pray that i will not have an accident. My children will not let my grandchildren ride with us because of the air bags and the close space in the cab. I miss that.

Awesome Z71 Silverado
By Gary

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Z71 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 Silverado has 10,000 miles and NO problems. The 5.3 V8 plenty of power Average 17.5 mpg