Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Wouldn't own anything else
By Sean

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Impala Ls I have owned. I bought my first one (2001) and it saved my life when I caught black ice and went spinning off the highway into a tree. I bought my second one (2003) with 130,000 miles and it is as solid as a rock. the engine runs smooth as silk, and I have never had to replace anything. I would be hesitant to buy anything else.

Leather, heated seats, exterior look, and reliability.

I love it as is.

GM has knowledge of existing problems
By Super pissed

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

MANY PROBLEMS! This is not my first GM car and I always keep up with the maintenance on my car. Bought my 03 Impala 01/07 with 40,000 miles. Had the catilytic converter replace and back lighting in dash. Last year had $4000 worth of transmission work done because of slipping. Had the intake manifold and gaskets replaced due to the dexcool that gm uses in Dec. here I am 5 months later with a blown motor at 96,000 miles. There are many lawsuits against Gm for the damage the dexcool coolant causes. ADD ME TO THE LIST! Sad to say i will NEVER buy an American made car as long as I live.

No more dexcool and fix the problems that your once loyal customers deserve!

Best Car Value for $
By jdefelice

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

No problems even after 80k miles. Still gets avg 30 mpg! 37 mpg highway, amazing! Comfortable, plenty of leg room and very quiet. Still looks sharp and runs great. Love this car and would buy another. Best car for the money it cost.

Gas mileage and price !!

Needs a glove box light.

Impressed
By J

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've really enjoyed my Impala; both my wife and I enjoy it more than her Maxima. I've had no problems until recently which include the cruise control turning itself off and at the same time interior fan will stop for a brief moment. I've enjoyed the car so much I've considered trading my wife's Maxima in on a another Impala (her Maxima has surprisingly a number of problems). Mine is the LS w/o leather or the sunroof.

The seats, smooth ride, big trunk and I average 31 MPG out of the 3.8 (mostly freeway driving). Good sound out of the premium stereo.

It appears you can only get the compass and outside temperature gauge as part of package which includes a sunroof and leather(for my year). I do wish the brakes would stop a little quicker.

Great Car - Comfort, Class, Performance!
By jemily

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What a great all round vehicle. Wish they would make the new ones just like it. It is hard to copy a classic.

Lots of power, spacious interior, nice features, very economical to drive.

More gadgets.