Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (104 reviews )

Traded Down to a 2004 for Comfort
By Joe Anastasio

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since July 1997 I have owned 13 C5 Corvettes (all new) and 1 C6 (2007 new). Problem was I bought the C6 Corvette site unseen (never sat in one). I'm 6'3" and 280lbs and my knees were against the dash. The 3" they took away from it did make a difference. I was lucky though. Found a dealer willing to swap me my 2007 for a 2004 plus a fair amount of money. I'm a happy camper again. Plenty of comfort and all the fun of driving a Corvette. I really don't miss any of the new features in the C6 that I had for 3 months. I never used the Nav system. Be sure to "test drive" your new car BEFORE purchasing. I was lucky. Didn't lose a lot of money for my mistake.

Looks, power, way it drives and comfort.

None

Sumptuous performance sports car
By DAVID SNYDER

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This Chevrolet Corvette is a true performance sports car from the sumtuous power/lumbar controlled seats to the high performance Chevy small Block V8 with mine pumping out 350HP and 375 ft-lbs

Sumptuous seats, 350HP with 375 ft-lbs

None

Greatest American Sport's Car
By Joe W.

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a car I just love to drive. It hugs the road in almost any road condition. This is also one of the best values for the type of performance you get for a sports car in this class.

I am truly amazed by the handling and performance. I was pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy for a car with a V8 and pumping 345hp.

American dream
By racerx-c5

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The car is pretty much flawless. I have the beautiful magnetic red/ with a tan top, and tan interior color. Totally awsome. I get oooohhhs and ahhhhsss where ever I go. I got an automatic transmission- but should have got a 6 speed so my wife couldn't drive it.

Heads up-display, Bose sound system. The whole car

Nothing

Great car to drive
By Randy

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 Corvette's C3,C4, two C5's and they have all been fun cars to own. They have always been way ahead in design and performance over the competition and provide the most bang for the buck against any country against any car!Take the new C6 that will be available in a few more months you would have to pay several hundred thousand dollars in Europe for a comparable car from Germany or Italy. American's can buy this car for $65,000 to $75,000. Where else can you go and get this kind of styling, perfomance, handling, and 50 plus years of Corvette's, no where! Have you ever seen any old Porsche's selling for $150,000 to $300,000? Check out online for classic Corvette's 1953 to 1973!

Styling is always a Corvette first where others follow! Wonderful engine with great performance, miles per gallon at 26-28 with the 6 speed! Easy convertible top to raise or lower in just seconds who needs power? Heads up display is unique and easy to read. Love the power and purr of the engine!

Will miss the trademark retractable headlights, On Star, better seats, more power, more power, guess I better wait for the new Z06 in 2006! They are just fun cars to drive!!!!!!!