Used 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

2005 CTS-V, Top Notch
By Bill S

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My experience with BMWs is not good. Lots of trouble, lots of cost. I've had this Cadillac CTS-V for 22 months and have put 30,000 miles on it. I have never replaced the tires or had a warranty item. I do use snow tires from November to March and I rotate them at 5,000 mile intervals . My 350Z has been a disaster with tires and radios (3 sets of tires and 3 radios). My car still has no loose anything after 30,000 miles, but it takes some skill to drive this car. It's not for every one.

Big time close ratio transmission and throaty V8 sound.

Buy German!
By rocdoc

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Had a Bmw M3 before this and have had multiple "hot rods." The build quality of the CTS-V is pathetic, as is the handling, even with the "handling package." I've had it in the shop a ton. I even got so tired of dealing with it that I'd wait until I had a few warranty items "saved up" so as to avoid more frequent visits. The depreciation is also horrible compared to a comparable foreign model- do not buy!

Perfect Mix Between Business & Pleasure
By Fast Businessman

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the CTS-V to replace my adolescent-looking '04 Mustang GT. The CTS-V provided me with the professional look my company demands, without sacrifacing road-bending HORSEPOWER! It runs circles around all those tiny foreign roadsters that the overweight VPs in my company squeeze into!

The acceleration, navigation system, exterior styling, smooth ride, and its "wolf in sheeps clothing" quality.

The pedals are too close together, the gas mileage is terrible, the interior pieces are subpar for this class of vehicle, and whats with the skip shift first to fourth geat feature?!?!?!

LEMON
By Naples

95 DAYS IN A RENTAL SINCE I LEASED THIS CAR NEW. YOU DECIDE IF IT'S WORTH IT

HORSEPOWER

QUALITY

CTS=V Z06
By ElSanchez

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For the heart of a Corvette, this thing still gets great mileage and is extremely civil. But when I open it up, it's a whole different beast.

Improve the interior material quality and design. It needs a better rear end / suspension cradle.