Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Beware! Unreliable!

hchambley, 12/10/2014
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my used 2009 Enclave approx. 2 years ago. Carfax report looked good and a friend of mine had one and loved it. I have loved and sang praises of my new car! I traded my 2009 Yukon XL for this car to save on gas and loved the downsize and savings. Since I purchased my Yukon brand new and never had issues, I opted out of the extended warranty on this car thinking I wouldn't have issues either. Boy was I wrong! Within a month one of the coil packs went out but it was replaced at no charge under dealership 30 day warranty. Six months later I started having transmission problems and my transmission needed to be replaced. Within two weeks of it being replaced started having other trouble and had to replace the throttle body. Since then I have had to replace every coil pack, the timing chain and everytime I get it fixed months later there are more problems.

Engine failure with less than 50,000 miles

David Romer, 11/09/2016
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I became aware of a transmission issue with this make/model of vehicle after purchasing the vehicle from my Wife's grandmother (first owner). The transmission felt like it was slipping and the service engine light came on so I attempted to drive the vehicle into the dealership, but ended up requiring a tow when the vehicle broke down on the freeway. The dealership found a broken rocker arm, opened the engine and determined that the engine required complete replacement (vehicle under 50,000 miles). I was told by the dealership that they could not identify the cause of the issue. GM offered to cover less than half of the cost to replace the engine (My bill will be $5,500). Once the engine is replaced the dealership will have to inspect the transmission and possibly replace the wave plate. My plan is to repair the vehicle, sale it, and never again drive a GM vehicle.

No Longer Own Ours... Buyer Beware!!!

sfreid1, 03/15/2014
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When the Enclave is working properly, it is an excellent car. Quiet, comfortable, and fairly powerful for an SUV. However, there was rarely a time where everything was in proper working order. Our first major issue was the entire throttle body going out, which also caused the entire electrical system to crash, leaving us stranded on the side of a busy road, partially blocking traffic. This experience also gave us a chance to try out Onstar, which was worthless. The hazards also drained the battery after one hour, so they didn't work. After that, buttons snapped off, brakes needed replacement, transmission, and power steering prob. We just bought a fully loaded 2014 Infiniti QX60 and love it!

Night mare

JK Mir, 12/21/2015
CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new 2009 1. All steering wheel hydraulic parts had to be replaced 2. Water pump went bad 3. Now transmission is gone.

Beautiful / Horrible

Herb Walstreet, 12/01/2015
CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is cursed. We had a Yukon XL for 10 years and never had any issues. We have 80k miles or so on this vehicle and have spent around $10k in various maintenance and repairs. We've had to replace the transmission 11 months ago and it's currently in the shop because of a stutter it has in cruise on the highway (ignition coils?). We know our power steering is going out but it's not bad enough that Buick will replace it under the extended warranty. Our heated seats only stay on for about 5 mins then go off. The instrumentation buttons (AC temp control) have worn incredibly fast (replaced them once already), have had a "stuck strut", replaced rotors, replaced the battery and some decorative adhesive molding on the window frames is bubbling up and shredding (looks horrible when you look at the driver's side of the car). All of this and our gas mileage is terrible also (13 in the city and 18 highway). I want to like this car - it's really good looking but we've got to get rid of it and we'll avoid Buick. My recommendation, steer clear!

12345...19