2020 BMW X7 SUV Consumer Reviews

$73,900

Save as much as $12,440
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2020 BMW X7 xDrive 40i MSport Package

Won, 04/21/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

What else can I say, I absolutely love this vehicle. First BMW I have ever owned. Have owned various SUV's in the past - Armada, MDX, Pilot, Xterra, Tahoe. Nothing compares to the X7. This vehicle has all of the bells and whistles, is plush, and luxurious. Nothing that I have experienced before. The X7 has plenty of power (even in the 40i). Completely satisfied. Completely sold on BMW. I cannot see myself going in a different direction as far as car manufacturer in the future.

Great utility vehicle that drives like a sportscar

Bentonville Buyer, 10/25/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought my x7 a year ago after considering this and an Audi Q8. I liked the Audi as well, but the dealership was 80 miles away versus 3 miles away in Bentonville. Sales process was the smoothest I have ever experienced. Came in, drove the car, decided I wanted it and was done purchasing it 35 minutes later. Service to date has been equally smooth. Unquestionably, the best dealer experience I have every had. As far as the vehicle itself, I had always liked X5’s, but would never consider purchasing one as they were too small for my liking. The X7 addresses that, giving me enough storage for trips and a third (albeit cramped) row of seats for when I have a lot of kids to haul. The driving experience is awesome - particularly in sports mode. The pickup from 50-80 miles per hour is impressive and makes passing a breeze - which is important for me as I drive many 2 lane roads in the country. And the technology, is fantastic. The center council is very well done. It’s easy to navigate and the sharpness of the screen is tough to beat. That is the first thing people comment on when they are in the car, particularly when the cameras are on when I’m reversing. I don’t know if the video is 4K, but the quality is exceptional. Overall, I’m very happy with the car 1 year in. I did have one issue with key fob about 1 month after I bought it, but it was taken care of promptly and I was given a loaner while they fixed the issue. Other than that it has been perfect. I would definitely buy another given my experience so far.

BMW X7 2020 - Highly Unreliable , be careful

AMS, 03/03/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

got brand new 2020 X 7 40 i in Nov 2019. since day 1 non - stop issues. list below Nov 20 th ( day of new car pickup) - broken plastic cover for rear passenger seat, fell off 2) Front passenger side power window module broke. Window wont close and had to drive in extreeme cold temp with window down 3) Remote car app stopped working, had to re- activate acct in car 4) Fuel tank access door wont close or radomly open during driving, Part replacement 5) Parking brake malfunction, Shifter broke and being replaced Kia/ Hyundai cars are more relaible than BMW. Really disappointed.

The best ride available in a SUV Silent and Smooth

Ron Spiess, 10/03/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

You need to get some options in order to get the best out of this SUV, Don't miss the luxury seating option for the best seats you've ever had in a car. I came out of a Porsche Cayenne Turbo into this X7 and have never looked back. Component quality, fit, and finish are the same level as the Porsche and the price is 1/3 less. Test drive them both and you'll see what I mean.

Run flats blow

Adam P, 06/01/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you get a flat tire the only option is to have the car towed to a dealership to have the tire changed. It can not be changed on the side of the road. You have to hope the dealership closest to you has the tire in stock. If not you have to wait 4 days like I did to have your tire changed.