Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best bimmer yet
By Matt

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 328i in March '07 after owning, in succession, a '90 325is & '99 323i. I loved the previous vehicles, but this car is the best I've ever had. This car without the sport package hugs the road better than my previous vehicles that had the sport suspension. The added interior room is also a big plus. I've had no problems with the run flats and the ride has always been very smooth. I went with an automatic for the first time and I use the clutchless manual exclusively for better performance and fuel economy. Long term I expect it too costly to maintain (as has been my experience), but it's been solid thus far.

styling interior room & comfort ride & handling

better visibility looking back over left shoulder

Good But Not Great
By Dave

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third 3-series in a decade with an Audi A3 and Toyota 4Runner in the mix. The cars do have a sporty feel given the tight and precise steering. The car goes exactly where you want it and is very predictable. Even though the car has 230hp and 200lb feet of torque, it does not feel that quick nor responsive. It may be the electronic throttle to blame for the delay when stepping on the gas to pass some cars, or getting up to speed on a short freeway onramp. The interior is snug, even in the driver seat and I'm a short dude. Braking is excellent. The standard stereo sounds good and the ipod adapter works well with the stereo.

Excellent brakes, Steering, Gas Mileage

Improve throttle response, lose the cupholders or replace the location. I got the BMW tire warranty since I have heard about the horror stories of run-flats.

BMW 328i: better than you'd expect.
By Greg

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this car for about 7 months, but I can assure you it's been a privilege. The inline 6 provides plenty of power with surprisingly-quick acceleration, yet very efficient. It seems to have a perfect balance of highway comfort and performance that begs to be driven through the bends faster than you thought possible. The driver can get all the info he needs from steering response and the pedals and the 6-speed Steptronic is a blast. There really are two ways to drive this car: like a true luxury sedan or a true performance sedan. Either way, it's darn near perfect.

6-speed automatic with Steptronic: the best automatic I've driven. The power feels sensational coming from a car like this, and it's always smooth and sensual. You will never want to get out. Stereo sounds awesome and it's plenty comfortable. Lack of a spare tire means more cargo space!

If you want even more performance, go for a 335i. iDive isn't a bad option to have (mine doesn't have it). Sport package is great too, but the standard model I have doesn't really need a firmer suspension. It handles just fine. Improve the stereo controls.

14k Miles and TOTAL FAILURE
By duff

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the car overall its my 3rd and so far no big problems until the 2007 version. At 14k miles car starts lurching and dies, total electronic failure?? Checked site to see if anyone else had the same incident I will post an update after my tow trip to the dealership

lights, body style is much better then previous years

better cupholders, TOSS THE RUN FLAT TIRES - ruins the drive ;)

Run flat tires ruined this car for me
By mrkay

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car in February 07 and have about 6 months left on a 36 month lease. I have just put on my third set of run flat tires (at 30,000 miles). I wish I had checked the reviews of this problem before I purchased the car. There are thousands of people who swear they will never buy or lease another bmw because of these miserable tires. They are expensive, and ride like a truck.

The tires ruined the car for me

Get rid of the run flat tires