2021 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $880
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great car, just a bit cramped inside

Mohammad Tehrani, 11/25/2020
Premium Plus 45 TFSI quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

Have had the car for a couple of days. The engine and transmission are perfect. I would put it in dynamic mode for better throttle response. MMI interface is crisp and easy to use. I liked the interior design better than the BMW X3 and Volvo XC60. Also, compared to XC60, I like that it has actual switches and knobs. My only complaint is the lack of enough legroom in the second row. I feel X3 was roomier (but the seats had lower quality). Overall, it is a gorgeous package. I strongly suggest Premium Plus with Warm weather package or Prestige.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

My First Audi

KlausVB, 05/20/2021
Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I was actually looking for a sporty AWD wagon when I decided to test drive a Q5. I loved the way it drove and the technology package included with the trim level. It is a smooth drive with precise driving (for an SUV) and felt powerful when I wanted/needed it. I test drove a Volvo XC60, a Mercedes GLC and a BMW X3 and preferred the drive and cabin on the Audi much more than the others. After 2000 miles, all is well and it is easily returning 30-31 mpg on the highway trips I have taken. The lane holding and adaptive cruise control is new to me but definitely a ‘must-have’ feature from now on. Gripes? The fact that there is no oil dipstick freaks me out a bit (too old-school I guess). I think more interior storage would be nice. Everything is a little too small or in an awkward spot. I will update when I get more mileage.

5 out of 5 stars

Second Audi, even better than the first.

David, 10/30/2020
Premium Plus 45 TFSI quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have driven a new 2017 A4 with the new 2 liter engine and had a lot of satisfying experiences since that purchase. The new 2021 Q5 is simply a more refined and even better equipped SUV version of my old car. While not quite as quick, the engine pulls willingly and smoothly for me. It makes me feel very confident merging into traffic. I have come to truly appreciate the Quattro as more sure footed than 2WD and no wheel spin. The outside of my Audi is gorgeous Navarra Blue with black leather interior. The styling looks more refined now and good from every angle to me. The size feels just right. I don't need a lot of space and don't want the extra size of a larger SUV. The usual Audi interior styling is perfect for me, but I love the new larger touch screen, still getting used to that feature. For navigation along with the virtual cockpit it is the best. Controls are placed where I would expect to find them. I am getting to quickly appreciate the 360 degree view for parking and tight spaces. In a short period of time I have yet to use adaptive cruise control or lane keeping. First impressions of this SUV are all good for me and I am very glad of my purchase. Based on list price and features included it feels significantly better value than BMW X3 or Mercedes GLC. I was able to get a price that made me feel like I wasn't going to get better value for my auto shopping dollar. So I would definitely recommend giving the new Q5 a test drive.

Love my 2021 Q5!

Patti, 02/03/2021
Prestige 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

This car is my 8th Audi and my 4th Audi Q5. This time I upgraded to the Prestige trim. It has everything that I need/want in an SUV. Both the exterior and interior are beautiful. This car is quick, the tech is stellar and it glades over the road.

Safety Issues, No Solution, Terrible Customer Serv

Abijit Raghunath, 07/17/2021
Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

2021 Audi Q5 has a MAJOR design flaw and a SIGNFICANT SAFETY ISSUE that Audi is fully aware of, doesn’t have a fix yet, so haven’t issued a recall or informed exiting owners. What’s worse is that they are still selling the car without disclosing the problem to prospective owners. If you or your loved ones are considering buying 2021 Audi Q5 – PLEASE STOP & read this. If you already own an 2021 Audi Q5 – PLEASE STOP DRIVING IT IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER AND YOUR DEALER IMMEDIATELY. Read my post below for further details. 2021 Audi Q5 has gateway module (part # J533) under the middle row seat, right below the cup holder. Gateway module is like the brain of the car and when it stops working, the car shuts off immediately. It is exactly like a brain dead person, everything stops working, the car remote keys won’t work, engine won’t start and so on. If water gets in the gateway module it stops working immediately and yes, right then and there – you can be on a highway at 70 MPH speed, making a left turn at the red light when there is car approaching you in distance … etc., it just stops. I was driving the car after heavy rains and that’s exactly what happened to me – the car totally shut off in the middle of the road, thankfully we are all safe and unhurt. My car was towed to the service center and since they don’t have a permanent fix to the problem, they have wrapped the gateway module in plastic – see pictures. I asked them to confirm in writing that the fix is permanent and it prevents water entering the gateway module and they said that they can’t confirm it in writing. So I asked to take the car back and refund the money in full. It has been 3 weeks and after multiple reminders I have received a generic email asking for a list of irrelevant documents or documents they already have access to. Email says that they will take 2 or more weeks to review and get back to me with a resolution. Well, it’s a safety issue and anything can happen if I drive the car, so I didn’t pick up the car, paying the EMI, have no loaner and Audi is just not taking the issue seriously. They are still selling the defective car without informing the buyers. @skeogh @audi @danielweissland #audi #quatro #audiq5 #audiusa #audiwestmont www.audiusa.com www.audiwestmont.com .– take the defective car back and refund my money. This is no rocket science, you are fully aware of the problem. Save lives! Please tag 2021 Audi Q5 Owners, please tag your friends who are in the market to buy a new SUV and considering Audi Q5.

12345...7