Bi-polar Car
By sjdrury on
1999 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan
Overall, being a high-school kid who has parents to pay for silly things like $1000 repairs once every few months, I love it. Sometimes the dashboard warnings light up like a Christmas tree, and other times it tells me everything is running fine. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a sporty sedan, other times, I feel like I'm in an old boat that's about to fall to bits. Be ready for repairs. When it's running as it should, it's a sportier car than you would ever guess by looking at it, and the driver's seat is a nice place to be.
Favorite Features
The turbo sounds as it should. It can go 130+ mph, even in its old age, while still feeling stable. It's definitely unique. Somehow, the speakers still have excellent bass... and that's coming from a high-schooler who plays music loud on a daily basis. The leather is nice, the brakes are good, I hear it has tons of airbags, and the police never suspect anything from an old Volvo. Even the little things like the sound of the square doors firmly shutting, or the feel of the key in the lock are so nice.
Suggested Improvements
After driving a 1993 Honda Accord, my Volvo is a huge, huge improvement in every way except reliability. Yeah, I just tried to think of another way, and I couldn't... it's just reliability. The Volvo dealerships where you need to go for a lot of those repairs don't make it any easier either.