2003 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Luv the bettle
By bettleluvr on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is perfect. Its sooo cute even after being on the market for like 5 or 6 years people still stop and ask me about it. This car is awesome!!!

Horrible Car - Stay Away From This One!!
By MJEPilot on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

HORRIBLE CAR!!! Poor ride and handling (shakes violently above 50mph), annoying click-click-click sound when stopped, embarrassing pick-up speed, horendous gas mileage. Main reason to not buy this car is Volkswagon Credit. Sent in payment every month, every month they would cash my payment check and then call me to tell me I never paid. I would have to pay my bank to send me a copy of the check to fax to VW Credit to prove it to them. You say "simple mistake by VW, probobaly only happened once or twice" - try eight times and others have told me of similar experiences. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR - poorly designed by poor people.

It looks good but...
By Reggie Heins on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my VW Beetle for three months. The whole right side lighting was out from the day I bought it and an officer pointed it out to me. Found out the fuses were falling out and broken. The window rolls up on auto but when it gets to the top it comes right back down. The tail lights have already burned out and had to be replaced after a full 5000 miles. And last but not least, the drivers seat apholstry seperated on the door side and the little platic hinge cover on the right side of the drivers seat broke off and fell in the floor. The dealership said I must have broke it because they have never seen one do that before, and refused to fix it.

Not my wife's car!
By on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When it was time to replace my 95 GTI VR6, much beloved for its power and utility, my goal was 4 seats and at least as much performance. My kids wanted a "punch buggy." My wife loved the snap orange New Beetle. I test drove the 1.8T but felt it was a step down, and had a rubbery shifter. Then I test drove the Turbo S and fell in love with the noticeable increase in power, 6 speed shifter, and great seats. My wife can get an orange one next time; mine's a black Turbo S!