I want my '97 Taco back!
By mph66 on
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I *hate* this truck. My '97 Taco got better mileage. I have an up/down hilly commute of 7 1/2 miles per day, each way. I hypermile by coasting down hills, and still, the best I can eke out is 24 mpg. They took the same spec. 4 cyl. engine from the '97 Taco and put it into the huge, bulky body of the 2007 access cab. This thing labors up the slightest of inclines. I don't need a "full size pickup" to compensate for something else. The smaller truck was fine for going to Home Depot or the transfer station. My manhood was not threatened, yet for some reason, it seems that Toyota's masculinity was somehow called into question. I want my old truck back!
Favorite Features
The radio, but then, I put that in myself, replacing the factory stereo.
Suggested Improvements
Go back to the old body style, or stop offering a 4 cyl. engine in your trucks, Toyota. Just admit that you've ceased to be a company that made its fortune catering to an American public concerned about the price of conspicuous fuel consumption. I will never buy another Toyota product. I am completely disappointed in this vehicle. Armrests are entirely uncomfortable on long trips- hurts the elbows.