2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
I bought it for quality...so I thought!
By EricAB on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive about 100 miles a day; after a few months of spending about 60-80 dollars a week just to get to work I decided on a toyota 4door tacoma after a little research I found they are horrible on pollution & gas(17mpg hwy POOR) but I had my heart set on this model so I bought it. I ended up regretting (don't go to Toyota of Claremont) they're tactics are unsavoury!

My honey!
By Myothertoyhasteets on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love this thing. it seems to be flawless!

Great offroad, harsh ride
By Citrus man on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I now have 50000 miles on my Tacoma. During the fist couple of months I really liked this truck. But, then I started realizing how it will beat you do death off road, and after a long road trip your back will beg for mercy. Overall, it's fun to drive and is great off road. However, its stiff ride and plywood type seats make it a very ucomfortable truck to drive.

Love the Limited
By Carolyn Luna on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 4x4. We bought the 4x4 and the stock 2x2 2004 Tacomas. The Limited package added the luxury I was looking for in a vehicle I love to drive it.

Love it.
By Gasman on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2004 Tacoma V6 XTRA is confortable and roomy. It has easy to access features and storage. I have had no problems with it and bought a Toyota for that reason.

Review of my '04 Taco
By NealsToy on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've received plenty of compliments on the looks of my Tacoma. I love driving it. Lots of power when you need it the most. Solid build.

Great all Around Truck
By Derick on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I must say that I love the 2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5. It is a great all around truck. It is a very tightly built truck. Great ground clearance, good power but could use a touch more horsepower and I have done a few things to mine to bring it from it's 190 stock hp to just over hundred. Torque would be comparable. I love the stock rubber. I have went every where my friends have gone in there 4wheel drive trucks and some places that they couldn't. Don't ask me how, I don't know, it justs goes. I do have the posi-trac rear-end. I have found nothing I couldn't haul pulling or in the bed. I love my truck!!

love the truck
By dave hsu on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

reliability and comfort, along w/solid ride, makes it the best small pickup i have ever owned!

Best vehicle I've owned yet!
By Jethro790 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

When I started looking for a Toyota Tacoma, I was interested in a used vehicle. After seeing the price of the used Tacomas, I decided to go with new. I now understand why these trucks hold thier value so much. The quality is great. Even the used ones I test drove with 35-50k miles on them felt tight and solid. My truck is equipped with the inline 4 2.7l engine, and it has plenty of grunt for my use. I have been off-road with it many times and it performs flawlessly. I was impressed to see that the owners manual specifically states that "This truck is designed for off-road use." I will be sticking with Toyota for some years to come.

Overpriced Toyota
By truckin Todd on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am sorry that I bought this truck for the money I paid for it. After driving my friends Nissan Frontier CrewCab longBed with the super charged v6 and hearing what he paid, I realized there is something better out there. Don't get me wrong, this is a good reliable truck, but it cost more, has a shorter bed, less power and torque, more interior noise and is lacking in certain options.