Used 2003 Toyota Sienna XLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great history with our Sienna
By Tom

2003 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have used this vehicle hard as our kids grew up and it has handled it well. I haven't spent over $1500 in maintenance during the 8 years I have owned it (window motor, back hatch handle, couple of oxygen sensors and a set of struts)

dual power doors.

Great family van
By Erick

2003 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Sienna used about 3 years ago and we are very happy with it. We used to buy Ford Windstars but the Toyota blew them out of the water. We live in the midwest and every year take our Sienna to the mountains for camping and fishing trips and it has gone everywhere we needed it to go even off road with no issues. In the snow it is great the traction control kicks in and it is almost like driving a 4 wheel drive vehicle. It is an amazing vehicle

Built DVD is a great plus on long road trips. So is the in dash 5 disc CD changer. Plenty of storage behind the seats as well

Have to replace the JBL sub woofer only available at the dealer other wise the whole sound system is shot

03 Sienna Symphony - great family ride
By Roy

2003 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned Sienna since new, lots of miles and no major problems. The vehicle has been serviced regularly, nothing out of the ordinary or short of expectations. It's not as roomy as our previous Caravan but it has NOT been to the dealer for drive train issues inside of 40k either like the Caravan!

Smooth drivetrain, powerband

Brakes need help, they are constantly needing attention...many issues with rear drums. The car has been difficult to keep in alignment, tire wear has been bad from the very first set, and we rotate frequently. It's had 2 alignments per each set of tires (2 - except the first set). 5 alignments total.

Good Van, Bad Dealership
By DJ

2003 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van in Nov. 2002. We have had no major problems with it just wear and tear items. The Sienna has been great to us we will definitely own another Toyota.

Automatic climate control, dual power sliding doors, heated leather seats, JBL sound system, safety ratings

All of the improvements have been taken care of with the 2004 redesign

Love the Sienna, Sold the Bimmer!
By Teresa

2003 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd own a minivan but I needed the space. Test drove tons of them, bought the Sienna and love it! Thought I would keep my '03 BMW 325i wagon but ended up selling it. I enjoy driving this van and it's so plush, not cramped at all like my wagon. Handles surprisingly well for such a big vehicle. If you're having trouble letting go of your car and feel like you're too cool to drive a van, get over it! The Sienna is awesome and fun! Great sound system. JBL speakers rival the Harmon-Kardon in the BMW. Mileage is awfully good, too. Love it, love it!

Sure do love the power door and the great sound system. Handling and braking are terrific. Acceleration is very good for such a tank!

Hate that buzzing/beeping when the power door opens if you are dropping off kids at school. Sure, I'm in "drive" but I'm not moving! Can some engineer work on that annoying "safety feature"?