Very happy with my Prius III
By Ron on
2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have had my 2010 Prius III for just over 6 weeks and driven 2,200 miles. My driving is a combination of short city trips, highway driving, and some mountainous driving. My car's computer indicates my mileage is low 50s but my calculations indicate high 40s. Considering the car is not yet broken in and my driving habits are NOT conducive to high mileage, I am satisfied so far. My previous car was a 2003 Honda Civic that I purchased new. It was a dependable, economical, and reliable vehicle and I was happy with it. The Prius is larger, more comfortable, quieter, and gets better mileage. I love the upgraded stereo w/bluetooth and XM radio. Overall, I am very happy with my Prius.
Favorite Features
Upgraded stereo, XM radio, bluetooth. The mileage can't be beat. The performance is better than I expected from a hybrid. It's no sports car, but it's fast enough. Recently I drove on some steep mountain switchback roads and it did fine in power mode.
Suggested Improvements
The interior has a somewhat cheap look and feel, but the Prius is a relatively inexpensive mid-size car. I know comparing it to cars that cost $10,000 or $20,000 more is hardly fair. I figure I got my money's worth and then some.