Prius IV - Great Experience Since August 2010
By grimey2 on
2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I reviewed this car's traits as compared to other hybrids presently on the market. In "Power" mode, plenty of pickup is always available. Its like driving a regular Corolla (has the same engine) but I find "Eco" is perfect for every situation. Leather seats are high quality/durable & dash layout is easy to read. Nice XM radio & BT interface for handsfree - works well. Agree with center console squeaks. While worse in cold wx, UNSAT for a Toyota. Have had no issues mechanically/otherwise with regen brakes, lurching, etc. 45-50 Avg city/hwy - love it
Favorite Features
Smooth transition of gas & electric ops. Nice interior setup/display center & high quality leather seats. Audio buttons on steering wheel are sweet - slight touch triggers presentation of the control on dash so u know u r pushing the correct button...no taking your eyes off the road. Excellent legroom for passengers in backseat. I'm 6'4" & I fit comfortably in all seats to include driver position. "Power" mode lets me have fun when I want to without sacrificing economy. Blizzard pearl paint is beautiful in the sunlight! It shimmers...
Suggested Improvements
Fix the center dash squeaks. A ton of folks have whipped this dead horse & u can add me to the list. If I buy the Prius IV, I should get 17" wheels vs hubcaps w/out having to shell out $2k more. My 2010 Speed3 was $23k & came w/sweet 18" RX8 wheels...really. Audio systems in Toyota r so hit/miss. Find one that works & go w/it. My wife's 2012 Sienna has a sweet radio that u could easily integrate...u get the point. EV mode is useless. Get the same result by being ginger w/the pedal in "Eco" mode. BL, 2000 miles & I'm a happy guy.