Improve the visibility
By hybridguy3 on
2010 Toyota Prius I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I owned my 2010 Prius for just under a year and learned to hate it for the following reasons: Bad bad brakes, hit a bump and lose them for a split second, not dangerous but disconcerting. Visibility to the rear and sides is awful, especially in the winter; the bottom half of the split rear window is impossible to keep clean. My wife, who is 5'2", refused to drive it because of poor visibility. The dash squeaked in cold weather. Dashboard readouts difficult to read with polarized sunglasses. The handling is not quick and the seats, while okay for a short drive are murder on a long one. Bought a Civic Hybrid because it doesn't have any of the problems listed above.
Favorite Features
I really liked the joystick gear shifter. It is very well positioned. Interior room is good. It is a little quieter than the Civic, but frankley both cars are noisy. The Prius gets better gas mileage than the Civic Hybrid, but only by a few miles per gallon, not enough to make up for the Prius defects in my opinion.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the split rear window. Solve the sqeaking dash. Improve the seats. Make the steering quicker. Improve the side visibility. Improve the brakes.