2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Great Car!

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great Car!
By escoandesco on

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a retired car dealer so having always had access to a car, I left my family scratching their head when I bought my first new one in about 30 years or so. Even crazier was the fact that I was the co-owner of a Honda/Acura Dealership during the 90's. I was attracted to the Prius because of it's 21st century styling and the experiences I had with them while out of town and using one as a rental. I never had to put gas in the darn thing, the needle never seemed to move. That was the real motivator for me ... "cheap to drive".

I purchased the Prius V because it had everything I like as far as features. The heated leather seating, easy access to all the equipment, and a fantastic stereo system make the car very desireable to me.

I've only had this car for about 3 months and all seems well. I expressed alittle concern to my Toyota Service Center that I was getting only about 41 mpg. I was told that because we are living in the Northwest, we have the heated seats on, the lights on all the time, the heater fan on high, the stereo blaring, etc, etc. and that the engine is actually running more frequently, hence less gas mileage. According to Toyota, the gas mileage should go up with warming weather conditions, we'll see.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review