Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great commuter
By perfectstorm1

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Replaced 230K mile Camry which hardly made 25 MPG and lots of repair cost at the end. It drives high 40's (46 to 49 MPG) in winter weather. Cannot wait for warm weather to test Sunroof/fan feature. It drives fine at highway, and corners very well (not much leaning).

GPS, NAV, Handsfree Bluetooth, iPods connection and Satelite radio. Navigation system is not as easy as Garmin. Locking/unlocking feature by just touching a handle. Headlight is much brighter. Gas Mileage is great. It saves me almost half for gas. Seat is much mroe confortable than even 2011 Camry.

JBL sounds horrible in bass. It was much better in old Camry. Big dissapointment. I don't ask JBL to sounds like Bose, but all bass sounds vague and hollow. I had to reduce bass sounds in EQ. Beeping inside a car when in reverse gear does not make sense. I'm not the one standing behind the car. Look-up you. hind the car! Look-up display for switches at steering wheel is half way idea. It does not even display the level of temperature or volume or channels., and it became a meaningless feature.

The Perfect Car!
By jhinsc

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius IV over 2 weeks ago and have over 1,700 miles now. Love the MPG! Avg over 50 mpg as I learn the tricks to stay with traffic but get better mileage. Visibility is great with all the windows - no blind spots for me. I wish the driver's seat had power adjustments for better comfort but the lumbar support helps. It's a conversation piece with all my clients who don't mind at all riding with me.

Obviously the great gas mileage, the keyless entry and start-up, the short turning radius, and back seat room. Took the plastic wheel covers off to find great looking alloys underneath!

Power front seats - but I know it's a weight issue, fog lights on the IV, and a self-dimming rear view mirror that actually dims.

do not buy. drive & quality poor
By Anonymous

I hate it, wife loves it. had the car 2 months and it is covered in dents from acorns (tree above our parking space). this is not just my car, I have looked for and seen this in parking lots on several prius's. drive is not comfortable, poor seats and acceleration makes the gas engine rev wildly but have little effect. interior ceiling feels like recycled cardboard. (feel roof when you test drive). rear view mirror shakes with stereo base. only use is for short runs where you don't go over 30mph. (wife uses it for these) unfortunately I drive 99% on the freeway and the car shakes at 55mph (center console esp.). windshield fogs up quickly at all times.

trunk space is useful. but in hindsight would have purchased a VW jetta TDI.

reduce car shake. acorn resistant roof material. quality of materials all round.

What a lemon!
By Marianne McNabb

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had our 2010 Prius for over a year and aside from the excellent gas mileage, I would not ever recommend this year model. The 'regenerative' braking system is so unreliable, that driving it over uneven road surfaces, the brakes fail and the car keeps moving. If there were a pedestrian in the cross walk, they would have been hit. Recommend you check out similar complaints on the National Highway Transportation Safety web site. I think the problem is with this year only-it was recalled back in Feb. 2010 but the problem persists. We are trying to get rid of it, but have not found a dealer who would give us a decent trade-in. Toyota has been hard to deal with in this regard.

gas mileage and the roomy interior

the computer braking system does not work in all road situations, which presents a serious safety concern.

lil,red
By Chris Krieger

Performance is great considering the fuel economy average is about 53 mpg over life of the car.The color Barcelona red and exterior design is very beautiful.

50+ mpg, leather seats, navigation system, sun roof, trunk space, exterior and interior design, performance, and great handling.

remove back up beep.