2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Not Getting Acclaimed Mileage IV
By bev on 08/28/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Interior is roomy. Quality of leather installation is poor though tolerable. Friends are surprised how much power it has. However, have to buy extra component for true ipod integration $320. Cannot control Ipod/phone via radio/bluetooth without it. Mileage is not good: 38 city so far. I drive pretty cautiously, and yes I pulse,not impressed with this mileage. Any ideas would be appreciated. Will drive for about 3 yr and then upgrade to hopefully some better fuel economy hybrid model from somewhere else.

Awesome gas mileage car!
By Anuj Agrawal on 08/28/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a Honda Civic (Honda lover all my life) for the last 10 years so moving to the Prius was a HUGE upgrade for me. I bought the Prius PURELY because of the awesome gas mileage, but am loving the handling of this car as well! It drives very smooth and my kids really enjoy riding in it. I believe it has taught me to drive more environmentally-friendly and I suspect it is learning my driving style as well and optimizing for my style. When I first drove it, the gas mileage was about 49 mpg - now it is up to 57 mpg (on average).

Awesome gas mileage car!
By Anuj Agrawal on 08/28/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

Works for me
By flyguy on 08/26/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great mileage without sacrificing ride, handling or sound proofing. 70 mph over the mountains on the freeway with no straining or screaming engine. Solid build quality with no rattles or squeaks. Hybrid system does it's thing very unobtrusively - At 70 mph downhill on the freeway you glance at the display and see the gas engine is off, instantaneous mpg meter showing 100+ mpg. Base model well equipped. Didn't need the extra bells and whistles and you still get cruise control, alloy wheels (under the plastic covers), cd, aux audio input and more. Carries a lot of stuff with hatchback flexibility.

2010 Prius II
By Tony on 08/26/10 14:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Currently have 2500 miles on the car with no problems. Reliable, good handling, and braking. Average MPG of 55 (actual) versus 58 on display. Good car with enough room for a family of four on short trips. Highly recommend for the cost/fuel conscious!

Good and boring
By Dale on 08/22/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put close to 6K on the Prius in 3 months. Good interior room, great mileage, however, you can't set the cruise on hills and expect good mileage. I use the least expensive gasoline which has 10% ethanol. Mileage keeps getting better, consistently around 52. Gets better mileage on the road than in town. The good thing about the Prius is it makes my 99 Ford F150 feel like a rocket ship! If you are looking for an OK ride, good interior room, problem free driving with fantastic mileage, get the Prius. If you want a performance car...don't! No service problems as of yet. All in all, a good boring car.

This car was snapped together!
By Larry on 08/15/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I think the previous generation was the best Prius so far, this newer generation is BAD. I have so many squeaks and rattles that I have given up trying to fix them, I just turn up the music. I donít think the price that is asked for these cars are worth the savings in gas, I just going to drive this for a couple of years and get rid of it. Toyota should be ashamed of them selves for putting out such a disappointment. I really miss my 2008 white prius; it was the touring model and had everything on it.

Awesome Car!
By rocket on 08/07/10 09:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my 2010 Prius. I have never experienced less than 55 mpg since purchase and it is just fun to drive. It is very comfortable for extended trips and has a great dash display that I can see. I do not like behind the steering wheel displays.

Happy with Purchase
By Tom on 08/04/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I happily moved from a 2001 Rav4. This car offers more pickup, a quieter interior and a generally more pleasant driving experience. The handling is fairly sure-footed, though it turns like a larger, heavier car. The hybrid system is unobtrusive and can be ignored. I don't love the intrusive console/bridge between the front seats-- would have preferred elbow room. The iPod integration is so bad that it's not worth paying more for it--it came free with the NAV, so I don't feel too ripped off.

Short on Detail
By Toll House on 07/31/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the Prius V with the Advanced Technology Package. It has all the bells and whistles anyone could want in a vehicle but it Lacks In a Few Important Details. The Seats are the biggest disappointment, for a test drive you don't notice, but drive it 50 miles, you will definitely feel it. Placement of the Navigation screen when in the sunlight, makes it almost useless. The sun visors are way short of blocking the sun on the long and lengthily driver and passenger windows. Where are the tinted windows? There is no efficiency in having to use the air conditioner for the added sunlight? I have owned many Toyota vehicles & this one falls short on the added comfort & details I expected.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$112 per month*