2011 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Great car...some quality issues...poor customer experience...
By tjbss on 06/02/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only negative regarding this car relates to quality issues (power windows and sun visor) and specifically the way the dealership and Toyota executed their customer service. Otherwise, the vehicle is a joy to drive and (so far) very reliable. The driver's sun visor has broken twice in less than three years. The dealership, Rice Toyota, and Toyota have, in the end replaced the sun visor at no charge, however Toyota corp's customer service has disappointed me due to failed follow up promises. The power window failed due to a nut that came off the window...a repair we paid for. These relatively "minor' repairs make me less positive toward the brand's quality and customer service.

Stay away from the Pricy Nav System
By hondaowner56 on 04/23/12 06:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good overall, but it doesn't mean competition is bad. If you're interested in the Nav, the only advantage you'll get for $2000 extra is the bigger backup camera screen. Nav is terrible for $2000. TOYOTA MUST GIVE AWAY this nav rather than sell it. It's very old tech. Many owners also get lost because they can't park the car just to make corrections. Voice command is very ancient and limited (only 3 entries shown at a time). Save the $2000, buy the high-end portable nav, and keep the difference. You'll get better and safer guidance. I drive with the screen always off because of the frustrating User interface.

Love our 2011 Toyota Highlander
By bossman8 on 09/20/11 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This suv drives like a BMW. Have not found anything I would change.

Smooth & Powerful Drivetrain. Gas Mileage disappoints
By spottedone on 09/10/11 16:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this Highlander Limited early August and have about 2500 miles on it. I just completed a trip from Phoenix to San Diego. I bought the car for the smooth, quiet ride and performance and it has not disappointed. I had test drove an Infiniti SUV and the Acura MDX. Overall, I am happy with the car. The gas mileage has ranged from 19.4 to 22mpg. My Low fuel warning light is coming on too early with about 4.5 gal remaining in tank. This is around 322 miles which is very irritating. I think the Navigation system is too complicated as evidenced by the large instruction manual. Cargo cover installation is a pain. We really need ventilated seats in AZ.

Satisfied
By maringa on 05/16/11 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just received our new Toyota Highlander, Limited FWD last week. It has been a pleasure to drive, and since I bought it for my wife, I haven't had much of a chance to drive it myself. Extremely comfortable, quiet and easy on the road. First tank is showing about 18.8 mpg in mixed driving. Hoping that it goes up a little as we break it in. When on a flat highway, for about 30 miles, it showed 23 mpg. Car feels bigger than what it is. Plenty of leg room in the back and front. The test will be 6 month to 1 year into the purchase - will follow-up then.

Great SUV
By jjm_jr on 03/22/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Highlander about 1 month ago, and it's a dream to drive. I am running about 19 mpg, taking it easy on the throttle. On trips she is a dream. I previously drove a 08 FJ Cruiser and loved it, but had enough with the noise in the cabin. The Higjlander is a Fantastic SUV, as it feels more like a luxury car no more road noise either.

I searched two years for this car!
By moonlightbiker on 01/10/11 16:43 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a two year search I finally HAD to get a car when my engine blew. I have to admit I didn't like anything out there. I even disliked the Highlander at first glance but discovered it was the basic I saw. I forced myself to go back and look again after hearing a friend rave about theirs. Sure enough the molding on the side panel for the Limited made all the difference in the world, and when I opened the door... WOW! I was in love. This car feels like a Land Rover when you sit in it. It's more solid than anything else I tested, which was everything else. The interior can only be compared to the luxury of Lexus. It is whisper quiet to drive & amazingly comfortable. I love it!

Love the 2011 Highlander
By Tom Mims on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife, both of us love it. It is responsive, low road noise, fun to drive and feels like a quality vehicle. With no problems noted in first 500 miles, not really sure about how to rate reliability other than my research on past model highlanders so I gave it a 9. This crossover SUV has just about every comfort feature one could want and its interior design is well thought out. We RV/ camp a lot, I pull the camper with my truck and my wife pulls my boat, so the ability to occasionally tow up to 5000 lbs with tow pkg prep and accessory options was part of purchase decision. Safety features and rating were also a consideration in our decision to purchase the Highlander.

Love it !
By M. Pickus on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased out Highlander Limited on 10/18/11 and love it. The build quality is fantastic, it drive and handles great. The integrated Navigation, Bluetooth and JBL sound system are fun to use. The power front seats are very comfortable. Deland Toyota did a great job on providing us a great SUV at a Great Price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$98 per month*