2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: The Sweet Spot

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

The Sweet Spot
By middleoroad on

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Corolla has moved into the sweet spot in the American car scene that the Camry held for years.The car is as big as a 96 Camry inside and will meet most drivers' needs as well. The Camry has become more car than most of us need now. Gas prices have many Americans looking for a new sweetheart. Corolla is much more refined than before. The ride is smooth and quiet and there is plenty of power. The fabrics are even Camrylike, soft yet durable. Everything seems to be right where you would have put it yourself. Just the right car at the right time.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is astounding for such a composed and willing vehicle. I averaged 35 for the first 2000 miles. No real compromise on power either, I can pass with confidence and without a lot of noise.

Suggested Improvements

Rear brake lenses look thin compared to my old Camry's but they might be stronger than I think. Wish they offered a version with no AC. Daytime driving lights should be optional, also a cassette deck. Full size tire should fit in well. Mudflaps should come with weather guard pack.