2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Ordinary with Hiccups
By kk2482 on 01/07/11 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Corolla brand new. It now has over 60k miles. My car is immaculately maintained. Sorta fun to drive. Comfortable seats. Great reaction time when driving. Only hiccups I've had: The keyless entry for some reason stopped working about four months ago. Dealership says I need to get it reinstalled and they don't cover it. Yet my friend with an 03 Corolla has never had her keyless entry maintenanced and it works flawlessly. Odd. Oh also sometimes the windows don't work. The driver side door lock button will not unlock the doors, yet it will lock them. Electrical issues are popping up everywhere seems like. Good car overall, minus hiccups. Hope this helps!

"Just" What I Paid For
By jdeb3456 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Reviews on this site vary significantly, I thought I would share my ongoing experience with this car. I have 62,000 original miles without any problems at all. Gas mileage averages 32 MPG in mostly city driving, including green light burnouts on a mad dash to work. Highway mileage is usually about 37 MPG, but once again, I am an aggressive driver by Corolla standards. Always careful to perform the service every 5,000 miles, including more elaborate and expensive service at 30k and 60k. I have already replaced the belt. Engine control module recall is pending, but no problems yet. Replaced OEM Goodyear Integrity tires at 40k with Michelin HydroEdge, the tires I recommend for this car.

I was loyal
By yellowsun_5t5 on 09/05/10 01:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I remember going with my mom when she purchased her Corolla new in '96 - and her going with me when I bought mine new 10 years later. I am a full time student and work full time, and thought having a new car meant no mechanical problems. The car worked well for the first two years, but has been falling apart since. The ECU has had to be replaced, but the engine problems persist. Toyota apparently has a "no code, no problem" policy. They apologize a lot that you 'are having problems', but that's the extent of their customer service. My engine feels like it's about to fall out, and they refuse to acknowledge that their solution to the recall on my car has not solved the problems.

Too much maintenance
By Erickk1172 on 08/30/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I used to like Toyotas, but since owning this Corolla, I'm not so happy with them anymore. I bought this car brand new and had to replace the timing belt, brakes, batter and tires all BEFORE 30,000 miles. And now it's been recalled because the engine might shut- off on it's own at any speed and not come back on. I don't think so Toyota. Stop building junk. I'll never buy a Toyota again.

Dollar for Dollar, You Can't Go Wrong
By Scott W. on 08/10/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Corolla from the dealer new in Jan of '07. Overall, I went with the Corolla based purely on the proven track record of its reliability. It hasn't let me down. Only maintenance I perform is changing the oil every 5k miles (I've used synthetic since the first change at 2000 miles). The engine runs like new. Tires have been replaced (upgraded to 205/16 from 185/15) with some 90,000 mile Michelin Hydro-Edge so I think they will be the last set I buy before I trade it in. I will perform a full maintenance at 90,000 miles just to be safe.

Lousy gas mileage
By Roger on 06/28/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my corolla ce automatic at 74,000 miles. Happy with car except lousy gas mileage. Good power but sucks gas at 21.5 mpg all city and 34 mpg all highway. So far I have refilled about 10 tank fulls. I drive very smooth & easy! Voluntary smog check showed exhaust extremely clean. Idle a bit rough compared to other 4 cylinder cars. Tire pressure ok. Also the ride is extremely harsh. Back suspension very stiff so car with driver only rides like an old stage coach across the plains. With 4 people, full gas tank and luggage ride is acceptable. Very weak overhead dome light and works very flaky at times.

Excellent, reliable, affordable
By Rxwoman on 05/28/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Toyota. I bought a corolla ce 2007, used a year ago, for $8800. My old 89 Camry had to be retired because at 230 thousand miles, it was rear ended. It ran to drive home minus a trunk ( it was a hard hit). So far my 07 Corolla has been trouble free, and gets excellent gas mileage ( average 35 mpg town and highway) . It's an economy car, and interior reflects it. It's small. But I have carried 5 people, and a baby in an infant car seat without problem. What more do you want for reliable, efficient, transportation?

Great Reliable car
By Crombie on 05/19/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like how many of the reviews on this car from people are negative since the issue with the recalls. If you go back a couple pages to before December 2009 you will find the truth. Over all this is a great vehicle. Its by no means luxury. but it gets the job done every time. My Toyota like many others got a new set of tires and brakes at 45,000 but who cares. motor and trans are still tight. I'm sure I will see 200,000 out of this car. A great value and best in class for sure I had a 2003 before I bought my 2007 and put 286,000 on it without so much as replacing the alternator. I think battery tires brakes were it. keep making them I'll keep buying them.

MPG
By devaro on 04/01/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just have to make a quick remark about MPG. I see that Edmunds put it at 29 MPG, my experience is 32 in city and 36 on Highway and this at 80+.

Power-computer problem
By CARMEN on 03/10/10 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

3/9/2010 check engine light came on and I lost power. Stopped and waited about 5 mins. And started again. After about 15 mins. the same thing happened. Took to dealer, they said that was computer problem they fixed cover under a 80,000 mi guarantee- Toyota corolla ce 2007

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.