Used 2007 Toyota Corolla CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

170k miles with only one minor problem
By prichards621

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2010 and have been very pleased. It had only 25k miles on it when I bought now it has over 170k with only one minor problem. I drove it back and forth from Toronto to the Metro Detroit area almost every weekend in all types of weather and have only had one minor problem: a few years ago that the dial for the heat/air quit working and some part had to be replaced costing me between $70-$100 (it's been a while). It has always been excellent on gas and starts up with no problems every time! I just got in an accident and the car is going to be claimed a total loss (no mechanical damage but too much body damage) I am sad to see it go!

Reliability!!! Gas mileage is excellent. Comfortable seating in front.

Steering needs better response a little numb. If you buy this car make sure you put really good tires on it, needs snow tires up north in the winter! Road noise can be really bad depending on the type of tire you put on it. Should come standard with anti-lock brakes. Not much room in the back but I bought this when I was single what do you expect its a small commuter car not good for more than one child seat in the back!

Ordinary with Hiccups
By kk2482

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Corolla brand new. It now has over 60k miles. My car is immaculately maintained. Sorta fun to drive. Comfortable seats. Great reaction time when driving. Only hiccups I've had: The keyless entry for some reason stopped working about four months ago. Dealership says I need to get it reinstalled and they don't cover it. Yet my friend with an 03 Corolla has never had her keyless entry maintenanced and it works flawlessly. Odd. Oh also sometimes the windows don't work. The driver side door lock button will not unlock the doors, yet it will lock them. Electrical issues are popping up everywhere seems like. Good car overall, minus hiccups. Hope this helps!

great mileage out of brakes, to this day gets really good MPG (been getting 42MPG on road trips over 3hrs of highway) and maintains about 32MPG in the City,

For some reason ABS is NOT a standard feature on Toyotas, keyless entry and electrical basics must be improved

"Just" What I Paid For
By jdeb3456

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Reviews on this site vary significantly, I thought I would share my ongoing experience with this car. I have 62,000 original miles without any problems at all. Gas mileage averages 32 MPG in mostly city driving, including green light burnouts on a mad dash to work. Highway mileage is usually about 37 MPG, but once again, I am an aggressive driver by Corolla standards. Always careful to perform the service every 5,000 miles, including more elaborate and expensive service at 30k and 60k. I have already replaced the belt. Engine control module recall is pending, but no problems yet. Replaced OEM Goodyear Integrity tires at 40k with Michelin HydroEdge, the tires I recommend for this car.

Interior and exterior design are both simple and elegant. No fancy Bluetooth or GPS, so it can't break, right? Car is "just" nice enough to present to strangers, "just" big enough for 4 adults, "just" expensive enough to not seem cheap. Power package on my base model provides plenty luxury for me.

A more solid bet for a used car you can't find; the last Corolla from the good old days. Car is supposedly unsafe with standard brakes rather than ABS, and yet the car always stops on command. OEM hubcaps will fly off; buy 3rd party caps or just get alloys.

I was loyal
By yellowsun_5t5

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I remember going with my mom when she purchased her Corolla new in '96 - and her going with me when I bought mine new 10 years later. I am a full time student and work full time, and thought having a new car meant no mechanical problems. The car worked well for the first two years, but has been falling apart since. The ECU has had to be replaced, but the engine problems persist. Toyota apparently has a "no code, no problem" policy. They apologize a lot that you 'are having problems', but that's the extent of their customer service. My engine feels like it's about to fall out, and they refuse to acknowledge that their solution to the recall on my car has not solved the problems.

I love the cute tail/head lights (I wish my tail-lights worked, but that's just another thing Toyota won't address), the shape of the car, and I like the back-seat cup rests.

The best improvement I can think of for Toyota as a company is to stop making consumers feel as though they are in a business deal with the devil.

Too much maintenance
By Erickk1172

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I used to like Toyotas, but since owning this Corolla, I'm not so happy with them anymore. I bought this car brand new and had to replace the timing belt, brakes, batter and tires all BEFORE 30,000 miles. And now it's been recalled because the engine might shut- off on it's own at any speed and not come back on. I don't think so Toyota. Stop building junk. I'll never buy a Toyota again.

Has decent pickup