2005 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Amazingly Reliable But Bland

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Amazingly Reliable But Bland
By Toyota 289 on

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Japanese car. I became disgusted with the past 3 gm cars I have owned. This car changed my view on Asian cars, I used to think they were junk. This car proved me wrong. Purchased used in 2007 with 15,000 miles it now has 63,000 miles with ZERO issues. The only things it needed were tires, brakes, and oil changes. Not by any means an exciting car, if your looking for reliability and economy this is your car, if you are looking for excitement you will be bored of this car after a short while. Overall it's a great commuter car for the person who just wants to get from point A to B.It's has fairly peppy acceleration for it's class of vehicle. This car is a great value for the money.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, reliability, keyless entry, interior trunk release, fold- down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Steering column settings poor, they should have put in a telescopic steering wheel/column. The auto headlamps take too long to come on, annoying at night as it takes too long to come on to see the shift indicator and heater controls to light up. Get rid of that stupid chip key.