Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

quiet, solid, efficient, comfy
By Mr V

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Pleasant ride. Astonishingly good torque for when you need it. Seat fabric, ceiling fabric look & feel quite upscale (way better than what Mazda 6 gives). Braking straight and confident. Tires optimized for low rolling resistance, so they're the first thing to give way when cornering... if you don't mind a little controlled skid, you can corner aggressively. Very roomy, as opposed to (say) Audi S4: driver can sit up straight if so wishes, rear passengers not cramped, trunk space phenomenal. If I had to do it all over again (and if the wife didn't demand an automatic), I'd wait for 2005, when Toyota will stuff a Celica engine & shifter into a Corolla body.

Front end looks very much like that of Lexus SC430. I really enjoy parking my 'Rolla right next to the SC430s in the office parking lot... I hope the SC430 owners subconsciously feel the value of their fancy roadster degraded, by similarity to my little sedan. Heh heh heh.

Yes yes, a remote trunk release. Bigger map pockets in front doors, to fit a Thomas Bros map. Current-MPG display instead of the outside-temp display (what do I need that for?).

Is my gas gauge stuck??
By Bill-KY

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Before purchasing the '04 Corolla, I test drove a '04 Honda Civic. I was totally amazed of how easy it was to get in/out of the Corolla, The center console on the Corolla was much larger than the Civic. The Corolla also was a much more smoother riding than the Civic. I chose the Corolla because it has a "timing chain" in the engine (which is alittle more engine noise compared to timing belts which are quieter.) Also, the gas mileage is unreal!! I'm getting 37-38 mpg driving an average of 65 mph and about 100 miles daily, 80% highway miles. I find the power of the engine to be very satisfactory to get in/out of highways and local streets.

Peppy engine. LOVE the "Auto- Headlights" feature! Smooth riding, VERY comfortable seats. Back seating is good too. GREAT gas mileage!! Ice cold Air Conditioning.

The center armrest (storage console) could be raised a bit so the person doesn't lean over too much. Would like to see tilt-in left/right rear-view mirrors.

LE Auto
By ToyotaFan2004

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality was almost perfect. One thing so far....The trunk has to really use force to latch. Also, there is an exposed wire from the headlinear down the windshield to the rearview mirror to power the reading lights. It looks so "after thought". Other than that the car performs more than I expected in every aspect, it drives good, the night visibility (headlight & instrumenattion) was super, gas mileage is unapproachable by any automatic seden in its class. However, the price really adds up fast when you start adding options like ABS, sideairbag, alloy wheels, upgraded stero. Overall, I am very happy with it.

Re-engineer the front reading lights. Put rear disc breaks (More for the looks through those sharp looking alloy wheels).

Yep - Its a Corolla!!
By slick vick

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Corolla over the summer and immediately took it across the country. Still feels new like the day I bought it. The new redesign is SWEET, looks better than any compact out there. Sporty yet kinda sophisticated. Though next time I'm going with something with a little more POWER. Suggested Improvements: That random sulfur/rotten egg smell problem! That's got to be fixed! It's quite an offensive smell and embarassing when you have passengers! Check the paint before you buy. My paint looks "runny" towards the bottom of the side doors, though its not very noticeable. The interior carpet is cheap. Mine has already severely frayed around the doors.

Great looks (some people think it's a Lexus!), lots of standard features, very comfortable ride and handling. Not to mention the gas milage, price, and essential reliability!

THAT SMELL!

Impressive
By Lightning2

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Corolla 2004 is absolutly differently differnt car than before 2003 model. At first, I want to buy used corolla. But after seeing corolla 2004. I cannot buy used one. Corolla 2004 have a great design and big interior dimension.

Wood grain, auto turn on light.

Add 180HP variation.