Used 2004 Toyota Corolla S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

What I expected!!
By SLDinCT

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I want my cars to go 10 years or 100,000 miles at least. No problem here. I get 40 mpg often on highway, 5k oil changes, battery, tires, O2 sensors (warr) and filters are only work I've done at 60k. Car went to FL from CT got 45 mpg for trip, wasn't too comfy, but was reliable. Winter gas mileage goes down to 35 with heat. Awkward drive seat adjustments. Poor OE radio & speakers. OE tires made it 36k. Michi Pilot A/S are SWEET. Open front end differential makes this car less capable in snow than it should be. This is the household 4th Corolla. There will be a fifth in 2015 or so. (Oh yea! No ABS on "S" model? What is that about?!!!)

Gas, 5 spd, clutch, storage/trunk, quiet at speed limit. Broke 50 mph on straight trip on highway (400 miles) to Canada!

Loud at 70mph. Bad OE tires. Limited slip or locking differential required. A 6th gear for low RPM high speed cruising would be great. I am over 3000 rpm at 70 mph in cruise going to work, and it kills mileage. Tougher cloth on seats would be nice. Better driver position/adjustments.

Best Car
By Bruce

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mile round trip to and from work and this is the best car I have ever owned. Bought it new and other than tires, oil changes, serpentine belt and a new battery, that's it. The car is great. My son has a 2003 and has had the same experience. Going the speed limit I can average 43 mpg on the interstate. I now have 155,000 miles on it and am sure it will make it to at least 300,000 and beyond. This care is flawless mechanically. Now all my family including my wife and daughter have bought Toyotas.

This car has great acceleration especially for passing and getting on the interstate. You would swear you had a V8 under the hood.

The only thing I can ding the car on is that the in dash storage compartment door closure broke, but fixed it with Velcro. My son had the same thing happen on his 2003.

80k and no problems
By David

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put a lot of miles on this car and never had any issues with it. Other than oil changes, it has never needed service of any kind. I will definitely buy another Toyota--either another Corolla or a Lexus. Excellent car.

Great gas mileage, stylish interior, and great reliability.

Unhappy
By dissapointed

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great at first. As the years and miles add up more and more stuff breaks. I had to replace the transmission this year due to 'internal failures' which will not be reimbursed. All in all, a POOR CHOICE OF CAR. I will never buy a Toyota again.

The gas mileage is great.

Toyota builds the best economical car!!
By Suzie

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had anything go wrong with this car or my 1989 Corolla except with a flat tire.The seats are comfortable and its has a nice smooth ride and bumps in the road are nothing. It handles turns and its braking is exceptional.

I love the fact in this model there is no ashtray and the cup holders are centrally located. I love the trunk space and that the gas mileage is supurb.

The added feature of the bluetooth would be great or maybe a hybrid model. Also the ability to plug in your MP3/iPod player to play through your speakers would be a great option. Some navigation options, maybe.