2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
What I expected!!
By SLDinCT on 02/14/09 04:52 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I want my cars to go 10 years or 100,000 miles at least. No problem here. I get 40 mpg often on highway, 5k oil changes, battery, tires, O2 sensors (warr) and filters are only work I've done at 60k. Car went to FL from CT got 45 mpg for trip, wasn't too comfy, but was reliable. Winter gas mileage goes down to 35 with heat. Awkward drive seat adjustments. Poor OE radio & speakers. OE tires made it 36k. Michi Pilot A/S are SWEET. Open front end differential makes this car less capable in snow than it should be. This is the household 4th Corolla. There will be a fifth in 2015 or so. (Oh yea! No ABS on "S" model? What is that about?!!!)

Best Car
By Bruce on 01/29/09 17:35 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mile round trip to and from work and this is the best car I have ever owned. Bought it new and other than tires, oil changes, serpentine belt and a new battery, that's it. The car is great. My son has a 2003 and has had the same experience. Going the speed limit I can average 43 mpg on the interstate. I now have 155,000 miles on it and am sure it will make it to at least 300,000 and beyond. This care is flawless mechanically. Now all my family including my wife and daughter have bought Toyotas.

80k and no problems
By David on 12/04/08 16:44 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put a lot of miles on this car and never had any issues with it. Other than oil changes, it has never needed service of any kind. I will definitely buy another Toyota--either another Corolla or a Lexus. Excellent car.

Unhappy
By dissapointed on 07/18/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great at first. As the years and miles add up more and more stuff breaks. I had to replace the transmission this year due to 'internal failures' which will not be reimbursed. All in all, a POOR CHOICE OF CAR. I will never buy a Toyota again.

Toyota builds the best economical car!!
By Suzie on 05/05/08 21:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had anything go wrong with this car or my 1989 Corolla except with a flat tire.The seats are comfortable and its has a nice smooth ride and bumps in the road are nothing. It handles turns and its braking is exceptional.

2004 corolla s
By jason on 01/22/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Experience has been better than I expected. Overall performance has been awesome. With my oil changes every 3000 miles and rotation of tires, manufacturer's maintenance, I have only had 1 new belt and new water pump since I bought the car. Great car as far as gas economy. 30-40 mpg. Definitely will buy again when im thru with this one. Hopefully not until 10+ yrs or more.

Great car, poor mileage
By tc on 04/03/07 18:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Poor mileage, 26211 m / 981 g = 26.72 mpg. Awkward steering wheel, seat, foot pedal geometry. Steering wheel too far forward when seat adjusted properly for leg length, you'd have to sit in one to understand, it's more than just seat position. Fun to drive, reliable, great fit and finish. 07/08 government mileage ratings should reflect more realistic MPG. Very comfortable, lots of room, adequate power. Really poor factory Goodyear Integrity tires only lasted 25K, new Michelin Pilot replacements much better in snow, rain, cornering & MPG.

I love it!
By Leslie Solomon on 08/09/06 05:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, fun to look at, good on gas, reliable and held up beautifully when I was rear ended.

"Lovin My Car"
By Courtney on 06/06/06 06:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My car is really great! It was givin to me as a graduation gift from my dad! It's perfect for this time period since gas is extremely pricey. I get 54 miles per gallon. The design of the car is great. Although it's a small car they made this new body style high from the ground, spacious, sporty, and unique when compared to other cars in the same price range. My Corolla is great. The trunk space will amaze you. This car also comes with fold down seats in the back which gives you more space or over spill when caring items like pictures and plants. On top of all the things that I have mentioned the Corolla has always been a great car, long lasting, and low maintenance. It will only get better!

Couldn't Get Used to It!
By KC on 04/03/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After having had a smaller SUV I thought I would enjoy a compact car. I love how the Corolla 'S' looks, but inside I feel totally unsafe, too low to the ground and I cannot see out properly. This car has blind spots, and on the California freeways I feel very vulnerable. Driving is no longer a pleasure. It is scary! This car is fine for local around-the-town errands, but I could not imagine taking it on a long trip. Gas mileage is TERRIBLE! I expected about 32 - 35 MPG but I am lucky if I get 25 - 27 MPG. My small SUV did as well as that! I am going to sell this car and go back to a smaller SUV in which I have a better field of vision and do not feel so unsafe and vulnerable.