2001 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Terrific car for 10K
By FryBoyJIB on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this as my first car in January. It does a great job of getting me to an from work six days a week. I love the build quality and interior fit and finish. The engine is very rev happy and the three speed auto does just fine. Interior room is just fine for two average adults with the back seat used for storage. I don't mind the so-called "plain vanilla" of the 2001 Corolla, for the simple reason that cars with "personality" (i/e the 2001 Celica) are "very ugly" and "overpriced". The dealer (Toyota of Killeen) took forever and a day (Two months) to get me a new registartion sticker for this car, but that is not Toyota's fault.

I love my car
By ccbdsmith on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car since the day I first drove it. I drive 100 miles every day, and I still look forward to getting in it every morning. The only thing I wish I had is ABS

best car I've ever had
By toyotagirl on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2001 LE for 2 yrs and I can't complain about one thing! It handles like a dream and gives a quiet ride - the gas mileage is great - I usually get 30 mpg in the city and 39 on the highway - no rattles, squeaks and NO RECALLS! I almost bought a Civic and I am so glad I got the Corolla instead - it has a better powertrain warranty than the Civic and was voted the #1 small car in inital quality by JD Powers & Assoc for 2001 - it's not hard to see why -

The Excellence of Toyota
By Deb Smith on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my first Toyota Corolla LE: What a sweetheart she is! I could not have asked for a better car at ANY price. She handles beautifully, starts when most other cars will not (the cold weather), corners like a dream, and looks like a "doll." I am very pleased to give my "Philly" a high mark of excellence in auto manufacturing. I would, indeed, buy another Toyota Corolla in a heartbeat!

Corolla or wind tunnel?
By hiya on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this vehicle except for the excessive road noise. It makes it impossible to hear the cell-phone and completely negates any sound quality from the stereo.

Love this car
By Lar on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had it only a short time but the 5 speed manual really makes it come alive. This car is rated to tow 1500 lbs and a Honda is rated 0. Get better gas mileage than Honda

Where you buy
By I'm sorry on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car has all I want! Economical reliable, cd player, abs. Not sporty, but rides good for this size car.

Unpleasantly surprised !!
By Catssu on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This my third Toyota. I am terribly disappointed with this particular car. I brought this car in for repair more than a half-dozen times. It left me stranded by stalling out, and something is herently wrong with the way it rides. The first was *finally taken care of when they figured out the computer was bad. I was actually looking at Lemon Law! The second problem we thought was the tires. After countless tire alignments and balance, the dealership replaced the tires and changed the bent rim. While these corrections helped initially, the problem ride persists and they have chalked it up to the 'road'. I'm trading this car in soon.

She's Wild
By azsnyder on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been fun, fast, and reliable. It is my second Corolla and not my last. I had a Camry for 8 years before that. Toyota is great! In this car, I did not like the smaller trunk size. I have never liked the drink holders right in front of the radio, which made it difficult to pull the glass/cup out quickly in traffic. Other than that, no complaints! I have now driven the 2003 Toyota Corolla for over a month as a rental and I prefer my 2001 overall.

Random Fire in the Cylinders
By terriblydisappointed on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am disappointed with my Corolla. The engine light has come on 3 times with an error code of P30 (random misfiring in the cylinders). I have had it serviced 2 times and they have turned off the light..sluffing it off as nothing. Now the engine light has come on for a third time and it runs really rough. Not only has my Toyota Corolla CE failed my expectations for reliability..it has failed my expectations for servicing.