2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Just What I Needed

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota Avalon

Just What I Needed
By twigster on

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my "highway" car.
Drove to NEPA Pocono Area with my electronic drums in the trunk. The July shakedown cruise to our yearly SummerJam proved the Avalon's capability.
I tend to travel fast (above the speed limit) and got almost 30 MPG while feeling safe and in control.
Love the transmission and the steering and despite what MT may say about "steering feedback" I didn't find that a negative since I didn't want a "sports car"
or want to "feel the road".
Spent almost three weeks driving around the N.E.P.A. area roads that I grew up driving on (I live in Tampa), these are what we call "driving! roads".
Again, the car made it a blast - it went everywhere like it owned the road.
UPDATE 2/24/2016
The Multi-media system that controls the GPS and entertainment went bad in Dec. '15 while on a short get away outside my home state. I carry a Garmin as a backup, whew. My dealership and Toyota stepped up in top shelf fashion and in a week the car was fixed, detailed and ready.
The car is still performing as originally reviewed and the MPG is improving as the car breaks in. I miss not having back seats that fold down and find that the sun really plays havoc on my eyes when reflected in the chrome that trims the interior - which happens all too suddenly and frequently. Sunglasses and seat positioning are not solutions. Someone suggested flat black tape but I'm just not sure it's an aesthetic I could tolerate...unless this becomes a safety issue. As great as the interior looks the chrome could be a deal breaker for a future Avalon.

• Outward visibility
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review