2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
harsh ride derails a good car
By maliblues1 on 06/01/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Previous Avalon owners will be shocked at how harsh the ride of 2013 Avalon is. Small bumps are transmitted as sharp kicks into the cabin. Road noise is also pronounced on worn asphalt roads. The style of the car makes a rear view camera a must, however its an option. the camera is standard on the Honda accord. Headlights also have a sharp cutoff that makes reading some road signs difficult. The touch sensitive switches make it to easy to activate the wrong control.

Avalon - A luxury but affordable full size sedan
By francisr12 on 05/26/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before anything else, let me say this "this is the third Toyota I owned and drove more than 160,000 on my previous two without any breakdown or problem even a minor one. I looked for a comfortable full size sedan for my family with two kids instead of a minivan or SUV due to MPG issue. I decided to purchase an Avalon XLE after test drive of Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima & Infinity G37..So far I confidently say I made a right choice. The car handling may not be as sporty as the Infinity, inside its cabin we can really enjoy the quality of the Bluetooth audio system because it is so quite thanks to the use of noise reduction glass & its air drag coefficient of 0.28.

By fid1 on 05/20/13 08:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car rides great and looks great but I have a few suggested improvements. The drivers seat has very hard side panels, why are they not the same consistency as the center sections?

Disappointment
By jamjchir on 05/19/13 18:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am on my fifth and possibly last Toyota. The changes they have made have all been a huge disappointment. Toyota changed the navigation and it is a huge step backwards. We have only had the car for three weeks and are looking to sell it already. It is a beautiful car but not worth the price. Car has too much technology and makes it complicated to use.

High tire pressure ride problems.
By poorthingflint on 04/25/13 18:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently bought this fine vehicle and almost didn't because of harsh suspension response when impacting large road patches and other road irregularities. Drove another car before the one I took home for the little woman to see and drive. Both cars had 18" Michelins and were disappointing in the way they reacted to serious road imperfections. Driving the car I ultimately bought decided to check the tire air pressure. All tires checked just a little shy of 40lbs. Obviously being over inflated by at least 6lbs will cause the ride problems I noticed. With the correct tire pressure the over all ride improved drastically. I would suggest before you road test one check the air pressure.

2013 Toyota Avalon Touring
By billyboy6 on 04/20/13 06:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice car for the money. Bought at CarMax in Laural, MD. They gave me $3000 off MSRP. Worth every penny~ Drove it back home to PA and avg 28 mpg on the trip. Avg'ing 24 in mixed driving. Very sporty to drive, roomy, gorgeous interior, seats were a little hard but everything else was spot on. Love this car! I researched cars in the $33000 - $35,000 price range with NO cvt trannsmission and this was easily the best car in the price range. I test drove them all. The Honda Accord Touring was my 2nd fav.

Awesome car
By wilk on 04/19/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Avalon XLE Premium 6 weeks ago. I selected the metallic black with tan interior. I have gotten a lot of comments from friends, valets, and doorman on the car. They are blown away with the look and feel of the car inside and out. I commute 50 miles a day and now love my commute. Traded in a 2004 Nissan Maxima LS. While it was a great car it does not even come close to the style quality and performance of my Avalon. I am a true believer and could not be happier with my Avalon!

Great vehicle for a long trip anywhere!
By mr_hydraulics on 04/09/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the new Limited for a recent trip to the Southeast. The car's performance was wonderful and very comfortable for the long haul. The bonus features were the navigation system and blind spot warning system. Stereo system was awesome. I especially appreciated the comforts of adjustable ventilated/heated seats and lumbard/thigh support. We loaded the car with golf clubs and three larger suitcases with room to spare. Great handling/ride/responsiveness. Our trip was around 3300 miles and averaged 31.0 MPG - in combined driving - fully loaded. This was somewhat surprizing, as the lowest MPG was 27, when climbing into higher elevations. Great Toyota- great ride.

After a couple of months
By 2013limited on 03/26/13 10:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping for luxury replacements for my 2007 Avalon XL when the new 2013 first showed up at my dealer. It changed my whole perspective. It was not like any Avalon that I had seen! The interior was completely changed and the tan variation was sporty and masculine. The drive and control felt like some of the performance cars that I had before. It was a no brainer, I could have the looks, luxury, and performance that I wanted with the reliability of a Toyota and for $30,000 less cost (I paid cash). I didn't realize how "nice" it could be to drive a car...I really enjoy my time on the road.

Nice ride but needs a few things.
By mongoose5 on 03/25/13 15:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is nice and has a high quality interior look. But the things that you notice after you buy the car matter. The seats need some more cushion. We rode a couple hours before our bottoms hurt. My Corolla is a good 5 1/2 hour seat. Where are the bottle holders in the doors? They are absent front and rear. So on a trip with three in the back with the armrest folded up, the rear seat passengers will not have a single place to store drinks. I like more than one drink myself, especially living in a desert area. I would also appreciate it if the two cupholders up front were cooled. Power is good in this V/6, Best mileage on a road trip with a full trunk and three passengers was 29.5 mpg hwy

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*