Used 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

A Fantastic Adventure Travel Vehicle!
By George

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We ordered our 4Runner from Japan because we couldn't buy a Sport Edition with GPS navigation off a dealer's lot. We also added 4WD. The car rides and handles great. ZERO mech. probs. Powerful V6 with decent economy. You really don't need the V8. The 4WD and off-road stability systems are amazing. I used them in a rare snow & ice storm in the Chisos Mtns in Big Bend National Park and was amazed at this SUV's sure-footedness. A few quibbles: Front cupholders stink. Must contort arms & hands to reach window and door lock switches on doors. Tire pressure and oil change idiot lights are annoying to reset. Overall, though, we LOVE this SUV. Even $4 gas can't persuade us to part with it!

GPS navigation and premium sound system is worth the bucks! Sport Edition trim package looks and handles best. 110v AC power adaptor in center console is very handy for plugging in standard 2-prong, electrical devices without having to use a cigarette lighter jack adapter. iPod jack is cool too!

Toyota can't seem to get the front cupholders right. They stunk on my 98 4Runner and on this one too! Why can't they get this small detail right?! Interior door armrests need to be re-designed so that it's easier to reach the controls on the door without contorting our forearms and hands.

Love my 4Runner !
By brian

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If your looking for an SUV, Look no further. Toyota 4Runner is the way. Bought mine a few days ago. Used 2006, 25000 miles. This truck has everything and more a person can want. I checked out the Nissan Pathfinder and the Dodge NITRO. Was not impressed with either. The 4Runner Sport Edition has not only the looks, but the engine is smooth and the JBL sound system is awesome. Also came with a camera in the rear view mirror so when you back up, you can see if anyone is behind you. Will write another review in 6 months or so. Don't delay, get your 4Runner today!

JBL sound system, cup holders, silver exterior paint

Honestly, really can't think of any. Just simply flawless.

Happy
By Kevin

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle was well thought-out and smartly designed. The rear window that slides up and down is great for alittle ventilation when desired. The lift gate closes automatically when shut slightly. The vehicle is smooth riding and very quiet. Gas milage is good, but oddly decreases with lower outside temperature and ran best when 70 degrees-F or more. The location of the drivers window/lock controls could be mounted alittle better. Cruise, tilt, and mileage center are nice.

Rear window, cruise, quiet, smooth ride, gas mileage, flip down seats.

Move drivers window controls up higher or easier to find. Add FM1, FM2, AM control to steering wheel also. Kids struggle to clasp rear belts? Sound system could be better, louder-more rich.

My 4Runner
By FredK

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition. I love this truck! I definitely suggest the upgraded suspension that comes with Sport Edition and is available with the Limited. The ride is noticeably better.

The audio jack for my iPod is great, the sport suspension and the overall look of the truck.

The tire pressure gauge comes on at times for no reason.

My 2nd Toyota!
By MzJeepDevil

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2003 Nissa Xterra Super Charge for a couple reasons: a. I wanted something with better gas mileage. b. I wanted a sunroof, with the same power as my super charge, plus I like the rear window being able to go down. c. The '06 4runner's car insurance is cheaper. d. A full tank in the Xterra lasted me 4-5 days, a full tank in the 4runner last 14 days. wow eh?

Sunroof! I LOVE the fact I can drive down the street on a gorgeous day, with all 5 windows and the sunroof open. Who needs the beach? I got all the sun I want! Also, I like the rear mirror dimmer so it blocks out idiots who drive with their bright lights on. Nice thinking!

Nothing as far as improvements, but suggestion is not make the sunroof and the spoiler a combo. I hate having a spoiler, but I am dealing with it (c: