2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
A Fantastic Adventure Travel Vehicle!
By George on 06/08/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We ordered our 4Runner from Japan because we couldn't buy a Sport Edition with GPS navigation off a dealer's lot. We also added 4WD. The car rides and handles great. ZERO mech. probs. Powerful V6 with decent economy. You really don't need the V8. The 4WD and off-road stability systems are amazing. I used them in a rare snow & ice storm in the Chisos Mtns in Big Bend National Park and was amazed at this SUV's sure-footedness. A few quibbles: Front cupholders stink. Must contort arms & hands to reach window and door lock switches on doors. Tire pressure and oil change idiot lights are annoying to reset. Overall, though, we LOVE this SUV. Even $4 gas can't persuade us to part with it!

Love my 4Runner !
By brian on 04/06/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If your looking for an SUV, Look no further. Toyota 4Runner is the way. Bought mine a few days ago. Used 2006, 25000 miles. This truck has everything and more a person can want. I checked out the Nissan Pathfinder and the Dodge NITRO. Was not impressed with either. The 4Runner Sport Edition has not only the looks, but the engine is smooth and the JBL sound system is awesome. Also came with a camera in the rear view mirror so when you back up, you can see if anyone is behind you. Will write another review in 6 months or so. Don't delay, get your 4Runner today!

Happy
By Kevin on 12/02/06 05:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle was well thought-out and smartly designed. The rear window that slides up and down is great for alittle ventilation when desired. The lift gate closes automatically when shut slightly. The vehicle is smooth riding and very quiet. Gas milage is good, but oddly decreases with lower outside temperature and ran best when 70 degrees-F or more. The location of the drivers window/lock controls could be mounted alittle better. Cruise, tilt, and mileage center are nice.

My 4Runner
By FredK on 08/22/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition. I love this truck! I definitely suggest the upgraded suspension that comes with Sport Edition and is available with the Limited. The ride is noticeably better.

My 2nd Toyota!
By MzJeepDevil on 06/06/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2003 Nissa Xterra Super Charge for a couple reasons: a. I wanted something with better gas mileage. b. I wanted a sunroof, with the same power as my super charge, plus I like the rear window being able to go down. c. The '06 4runner's car insurance is cheaper. d. A full tank in the Xterra lasted me 4-5 days, a full tank in the 4runner last 14 days. wow eh?

ever-impressive 4 runner
By James Byrd on 05/29/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota has done it again!! The 4 runner handles well with little to no engine noise. At 6'3" I was little apprehensive about how the 4 runner would accomodate my big frame; but I have no complaints. Towing is awesome. With a 15 foot boat in tow, I felt like I never lost control; nor did my brakes fail or burn.

Glad I got it
By steed on 05/18/06 20:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have 2 little ones, so we traded in a very nice 2003 TL S-type for the sport 4 runner. My wife was tired of bending over to load kids. We are very happy with the choice. Although not nearly as loaded as our old ride, the 4runner handles very well for a truck based suv. It feels light to drive. I actually like the cloth seats better than leather, and the exterior of the sport edition is just plain cool looking. Much better gas milage than I expected. Engine power is adequate and a good mix of power & economy. Plan on making this "the truck" and trading in my pickup for something a little better on gas. Plan on keeping this a while...

Wow
By jw on 05/09/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! This car has to be the best suv of its size on the market today. It looks good and drives smooth. I'm getting about 20mpg which I think is great. It's not a 4cylinder car of course. It has all the great advancements and new technology that makes toyota what it is today. Toyota is about quality and customer loyalty. They know that car is going to last a couple hundred thousand miles and when your through you gonna get a new toyota.

More for your money
By kokonee on 04/16/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the 2006 Sport Edition and immediatley sold my '01! What a difference between the vehicles. The '06 is quicker off the line, quieter, more solid and I get better fuel economy. Mine has all the possible Sport Edition options and I particularly like the 6 CD changer - MP3 player.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.