Awesome midsize luxury option
By nzody on
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've been driving the 2013 Limited PZEV model for almost a week now, after my 2000 Impreza was totaled in a hit & run. One word - awesome! I test drove a 2.5 2012 Limited before trying the 2013 2.5 Limited - and they are worlds apart. The DOHC CVT changes in the 2013 model make a huge difference to the pick up and make the 2.5i engine feel much more capable. The interior space is great, the hands free works well and voice activation is very handy. Bluetooth audio streaming works well. Commuting on the peninsula <-> San Francisco I am currently seeing about 24MPG with fairly hard driving. I think EPA numbers are fair. AWD with the options on the Limited model make for value hard to beat!
Favorite Features
2013 exterior styling - leads to a more aggressive stance. 2013 2.5i engine enhancements are worth waiting for - the car performs much better with the DOHC CVT. Spacious - plenty of room for a family. Iphone/IPod integration is seamless - cable management and arm rest compartment setup makes it possible to have an iPhone/iPod plugged in and not visible to anyone looking in. Handling is responsive. Driver's Eyesight system is interesting - looking forward to using Adaptive Cruise Control on a long trip. GPS gives useful information even when not routing to a destination. Build quality is good. Charcoal gray color looks great!
Suggested Improvements
An interior trunk open switch would be useful - though I guess they leave it out for security reasons. Aside from that it works well!
By nzody
on 08/07/12 12:46 PM (PDT)

I think my initial MPG quote was messed up by some dealer test driving or something. I'm now seeing 28-29MPG on my commute - which involves commuting on 101 and some city/suburb streets. Also - there is an interior trunk switch - I had accidentally locked mine with the nifty valet security button hidden in the (lockable) glove box.