2004 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: 2004 car of the year

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

2004 car of the year
By Josh on

2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the funnest thing I have ever driven. I have wanted an STi since they came out in 1994 in every other country except the US. Everyone asked me what my favorite car was and I told them 'a Subaru Impreza WRX STi version 4 Type R'. They were like 'huh' and 'what the heck is that?' Then in 2003 I found out they were coming to the US as a 2004 model WITH 300HP AND 300 FT.LB'S!. Well, needless to say, I started saving my money up, but I got impatient and bought a nearly immaculate used 2004 with ridiculously low miles for a very good price. Why someone traded it in is beyond my comprehension.

0-60 IN FOUR POINT WHAT? My 84 Subaru got it done in more like four minutes. A 6 speed stick? Stick=needle in a haystack. Corners like no other. gets almost 30 mpg. You can drive it in ice and snow. you wouldn't do that with your Porsche or your Viper, now would you?

Well, it does have about the same ride quality as my 1990 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 diesel truck. Though I like it like that, some don't. A little less turbo lag. prettier wheels, those are the ugliest BBS wheels I've ever seen. A smaller spoiler would keep me from getting pulled over as often, thats about it.