Dont carry your family in this SUV
By rpanek on
2012 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Very unstable SUV when you carry more than two people including yourself. Sways on every turn with speed over 50mph like is ready to overturn. Looks like Corporate Subaru of America don't care about safety of car owners and passengers by dismissing open cases about car safety and works with World Government and Banks on decreasing population. Downshift on sudden acceleration (when you try to pass other car on the freeway) goes a way to low making engine reaching 5K rpm. Has very low quality sound system. Interior finishing quality - less than any other car or SUV, need a lot of improvements.
Favorite Features
4 wheel drive and oil filter on the top of the engine.
Suggested Improvements
Replace rear sway bar to at least 22 millimeters. Adjust downshift on sudden acceleration. Provide better interior finishing materials.
By dauntlessd
on 02/14/13 20:26 PM (PST)

I have a 2012 Forester; my first Subaru. I have the exact same problem. When I try to pass another vehicle at highway speeds, the vehicle downshifts into second gear, rpms hit 6K, and the speed actually slows down. This is very alarming when you are trying to gain speed. I took it back to the dealer twice so far. Second time all check engine lights lit up and other issues occurred while trying to accelerate to pass. The dealer tried a number of suggestions from Subaru, but could not fix the problem. Subaru told dealer this is just a characteristic of the vehicle and I had to get used to it. Well I had to get used to the fact that none of the controls on the passenger doors are not illuminated, and the power mirror controls are not illuminated, and the dash board is illuminated even when the lights are off; all features atypical of all other vehicles I have owned. But I cannot get used to the abrupt downshift to second gear at 60 mph. I bought the Subaru for its AWD. but this will be my one and only Subaru.