Used 2009 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

2009 911 S COnvertible
By drew0626

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car was fun for a while, but it is a maintenance headache and the build quality is poor. Everything is ridiculously expensive to fix, and things go wrong all the time. The car had electrical problems because apparently the car (convertible) is not designed to deal with leaves (which clogged the drains ). Really, leaves?? Never had these issues with numerous other convertibles. The trim is cheap and the the lether just wears off from low use (I have less than 20K miles on it). Now the latest: my tail light went out. They tell me it is not just a bulb but is soldered and as such requires replacement of the tail light assembly at a cost of over $1000 (not a typo) ...crazy!

Adrenaline?
By Drew

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used but low miles. I've read that performance actually improves after 5k miles when the engine is broken in. After some deliberation, decided to get the pdk with sport chrono package. Glad I did. Took it on some backroads where we could open it up. Put it in sport mode, punched it. Wow. Nothing like I'd ever experienced. My girlfriend took a turn, decided to try "launch mode." put it in sport plus mode. Foot on the break, she revs the engine, the car is lurching, wanting to go. She reluctantly pushes the tach to 6500 rpm, car is screaming. The console lights up "launch mode active" and off we go. It takes about 15 minutes to get her blood pressure back to normal.

S/sport chrono package, PDK, iPhone interface, convertible (very fast <15 secs and works while moving at reasonable speed.

Only oddity is passenger side mirror behavior (tilting down when in reverse) is erratic, probably need to check the manual. Integrated radar would be nice (this car is easy to get into trouble) but got it aftermarket.

The best car
By Victor

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had several cars Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and always I return to the best car - Porsche. All the Porsche line cars are great!

Awesome
By Earfool

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. I have never enjoyed drive a vehicle as much as my 911. The acceleration is as sophisticated as one would expect from a Porsche. It's only a beast when you want it to be.

The drivability. Its a sports car yet does not become unruly when you push it. Its surprisingly comfortable.

It's a small thing, but I can never get the car o take the garage remote programing. And when it does it doesn't keep it. My other Porsche friends have the same problem. Come on Porsche your normally good with the details.Lets fix this one.

Great Car
By Reek

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Came from an 04 BMW M3 w/ SMG. That was a great car but SMG was primitive. Porsche is more comfortable and seems to handle better. Also quicker to accelerate. BMW was more "involved". More mechanical and more intense. Porsche is more relaxed but simply responds the more it is pushed. Overall a better performing car. BMW was "edgy" so seemed to be a real performance car...a race car for the street. Porsche seems more sophisticated. I really need to adjust my attitude. The feeling is the limits of the car are far beyond anything I can (safely) approach on the street. I need more time, then I will hang the tail out on some turns. An amazing automobile.

Smooth engine and acceleration. Great shifter. Handling is superb.

Even my wife's and my daughter's Hondas have iPod access. And thicker steering wheels. EVERYTHING is an option. I'm surprised it had a motor.