2014 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Overall Satisfied, but not blown away
By bgebsxterra

2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck because I wanted an SUV with 4WD or AWD that also had a manual transmission. I've only had it for 4 months and haven't had a chance to really test the off road capabilities. It is comfortable enough, but the interior is pretty cheap looking. For 2014 the Xterra Pro-4X gets the new Nissan Connect Infotainment system which works flawlessly. The Rofkford-Fosgate stereo is a little bit too bassy but overall sounds very good. Fuel economy is disappointing. Overall, I do enjoy driving it, and I at least have the feeling that I could take it anywhere. For the price, and the options this truck is difficult to beat.

Infotainment System is awesome. It works flawlessly with my Android phone and the voice recognition is very intuitive and accurate. Buttons are easy to find and use. (Much better than my girlfriend's '10 Maxima.) Heated seats are a great option and work very well. Ride height is great. Side steps for roof rack access are awesome. Very easy to put items on the roof. I love the little basket on the top too. I've used it far more often than I'd have ever guessed. My dog threw up on a blanket on a long trip. I didn't have to throw out the blanket because of the basket on the top.

Fuel economy. I understand that we're talking about a ladder frame which adds rigidity and weight, which hurts fuel economy. But why is it that V8 trucks can get better fuel economy. Not to mention that this thing is rated at 20mpg highway? Genuinely, I'd love for someone to show me how to get that extra fuel economy. I'd like to have seen the fob integrated into the key, rather than the separate key and fob, which takes up more space in my pocket. Push button start would be even better. Also the instrument panel and climate controls are pretty dated. The climate controls actually took some getting used to because you actually press the bottom of the button in, not the whole button.

• Sedan