So far so good
By New Nissan Owner on
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
Well, I traded in my previous vehicle of 6 years, a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. Do I really need to say more here? I've only owned the car less than a week but this car is terrific. It's exactly what I was looking for. I was between this and the Honda Fit. The view from the Fit's drivers seat felt like you were too far back-it just felt uncomfortable. Anyway, going from a vehicle with a mpg rating of 15/11 to 33/27 is certainly going to have an impact on my trips to the gas pump (or lack there of), not to mention how much less it will cost me per fill up. I'm very pleased with it's roominess, and the 1.8L CVT engine has more pep than most people will think. Spend the extra $$ for the SL if you can!
Favorite Features
6 disc changer, and I can now finally play my iPod in the car without using an FM tuner! Bluetooth is excellent, love the intellikey. Having controls for the radio / bluetooth / cruise control on the steering wheel is a big bonus. Roomy interior for a sub-compact. Highly recommend!
Suggested Improvements
If you can find one with ABS, get it. The one I bought does not have it. The brakes are fine, in fact right now I don't even see a difference, my concern is future reliability.