Great value economy car
By gregoron on
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have the 2009 1.8S hatchback model with a 4sp auto trans, and no pwr door locks and pwr windows. Overall, it's a good daily commuter car with a roomy and elegant interior for its class. I think this car delivers more value than its competitors the Honda Fit, Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Accent, and Scion xD. I get around 20 mpg in town so far. But at 500 miles, I did have a faulty evap valve on the catalytic converter replaced by the dealer under warranty. It's a world car - aka Tiida in Europe/Japan. The US Versa is put together in Mexico with the engine and transmission assembled in Japan. I'm pleased with the car. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish and frugal daily commuter.
Favorite Features
Nice exterior and interior design. Engine has some power on the low end and has advanced features such as EVVT, electric power steering, drive-by-wire throttle, and a timing CHAIN. Shocks have good dampening to give a smooth ride in town and highway.
Suggested Improvements
I'd suggest an in-car trunk release for those without power door locks. Better fuel economy would be nice. More space between the accelerator and brake pedals.