2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Awesome Car
By Computergeek on 03/19/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

What is there not to say. I love this Car. It feels like a large car, but with a sub-compact price. I got mine loaded minus the sport package. I am 6'0" tall and have plenty of room. It keeps up well on the interstate. Car is small, but safe.

40 mpg inexpensive commuter
By Friederich on 03/05/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car last December. I have a blue 1.6 sedan, manual transmission; AC & ABS. That is all you need!!!...In this consumer oriented society, we have gotten used to wasting money...well I commute every day 37 miles each way...in city traffic. My Versa just turned 3K and my fuel average is 40 mpg!!! so on a cost per mile basis this is as good as it gets...sure I had to spend $200 bucks to install a nice CD & HD radio, but the car already came with 4 speakers and antenna pre-wired. So far the car has been absolutely trouble free...yes I have to exercise my arm just a bit to manually lower the window at drive thru's and garage gates...and I had to manually adjust my side view mirror

New Versa Yesterday
By anna on 03/01/09 16:56 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Versa yesterday, so cannot speak on its reliability and build yet. I drove both the S and SL versa hatch. The S was a smooth, quiet ride with lots of room, power and comfort. No trouble getting up hills and good acceleration. The SL improved with the CVT and extra options, but the S would have done the job fine.

It is what it is...
By 3xNissanOwner on 02/28/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Driving a 2000 Sable last summer when gasoline hit $4/gallon made me swear to replace it with a fuel-efficient car when it died. Now I am two weeks into owning this car and can report that the MPG is wondrous, I drove nearly 400 miles on the first tank of gas. The 5- speed stick makes for a ton of fun although the car gets noticeably buzzy above 70 mph and 5th doesn't feel like it should be the last upshift. This is not a problem around town where the car zips around like Yorkshire terrier hunting for mice, but I can't say I'm looking forward to interstate driving at high speed with this car. But what most owners say is true: This car feels a lot larger than it is.

Basic
By Heather Dankovich on 02/25/09 18:50 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about six months and I'm already tired of it. I previously owned an 06 Hyundai Sonata that I adored until I totaled it. The Versa gets great gas mileage, and I trust the Nissan name. However, it has depreciated $6000 already! I expected a small, foreign-made car to retain its value today but I was sadly mistaken! I have cruise control and ABS options. I'm mostly disappointed at the high price I'll be paying off for several years for a tiny, basic car. It is absolutely frightening to drive this car in the snow/ice or even high-wind (I was actually blown off the road once). There is poor get-up (when compared to my Sonata) and poor storage up front (lacks a console).

Smiles from Everyone
By Scott on 02/16/09 17:50 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My wife loves the fact that when she drives around in her Versa, everyone looks at her and smiles. It's not a common car around here, but she picked it out because she thought it was the cutest. Inside it feels like a larger car. We got a sunroof (the only car in its class that had one as an option) and like the way it handles. CVT is smooth with lots of power and pep! With only 500 miles on the engine, got 32 MPG on highway, 27 MPG on Vermont back roads.

I love my Versa
By pantherhawk27263 on 02/14/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Versa at the end of September, 2008. I love everything about it. I've had only one problem (a faulty gas cap causing the check engine light to come on) and I have only two things I could complain about. 1) I would like a lock that can be opened with the key on the hatch door, and 2) the heater/defroster seems to take longer to warm up than any other car I've owned. Item 1 could probably be solved by having power locks, but I didn't want them so I have to unlock the driver's door to unlock the hatch. I also disagree with reviews complaining of a lack of performance. I can't keep this car at the speed limit! I have a manual transmission, so that may the difference. Buy one these!

This car is GREAT!
By ES on 02/12/09 02:28 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The 2009 Nissan 1.8 SL Hatchback was not even in my radar when I started doing my research for a new car. 48 hours after test driving one, though, I ordered it with all the available packages. This car is very fun to drive and has enough zip to not disappoint. CVT makes the ride so much smoother and quieter than the 2009 Honda Fit (I test drove both cars back to back on the same day). Edmunds.com may think it's a plain car, but I love it. Nothing complicated; just sound Nissan engineering.

What the others are missing!
By ted on 01/31/09 00:01 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Versa is a Renault design. Going all the way back to the Renault Dauphine, they are the only small cars I have ever seen with no front wheel well incursion into the passenger cabin. Not only can a tall driver stretch out, you also have lots of leg room side to side. It feels as comfortable and spacious as a Cadillac, to me. As I often rent cars to tour Europe, I am accustomed to the style and it is not goofy, to me. It is actually something distinctive. As the French invented front drive and have been making quality small cars for 50 years, I was ready for some Franco style and design in a Nissan package!

Nissan Should Be Ashamed
By Disappointed on 01/22/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first new car, it has been driven for a year and I am considering trading it in. For a buyer that was supposedly making an upgrade from a 295,000 mile 1991 Toyota Previa I am truly disappointed. The car has been in the shop for major repairs like a malfunctioning A/C condenser, and braking problems. I never had such problems with my Previa. The engine knocks pretty loud in the mornings too. Needless to say, this was one of the worst cars I've bought, and I cant get rid of it because the resale value on the Nissan Versa and Nissan Sentra drop like a stone once you drive them off the lot

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$120 per month*