Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Happy with the Versa
By Jason

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car new in July of this year. Am happy with it to date. I don't know about the 1.6, but I find the 1.8 has more than enough power. I do a lot of highway mileage, and the car never has any problem reaching highway speeds. Fuel consumption is Ok... I guess that's the price you pay for having a car with more power and that is slightly larger than the competition. Due to the car's height and it's low weight it tends to get blown around a little on windy days, but again I suppose that is to be expected. I think the interior space is exceptional. My father has a Pathfinder and it has nowhere near the interior room that the Versa has. Overall a nice little car, I would buy another!

Peppy engine, relatively low engine noise (1.8), convenience package with AC, power windows and keyless entry, interior space, look of the car, handling.

Better fuel economy, standard height adjustment for the front seats, placement of seat levers.

Poor Quality
By Zane

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our Versa for 2 oil changes and if Nissan had the same program as GM we would give it back. We have had Nissan since there name was Datsun, and this is absolutely the worst Nissan we have had for quality. The basic problem is that most everything that has broken cannot be fixed; as most of them are interment. Two examples; one the serpentine belt squeals – not all the time - not every day; two the CVT belt has a low level gone (low frequency noise), you can sometimes hear when stopped and the radio is off. Both of these problem will only get worse, I just hope they “break” while the car is still under warranty.

Room

Hire some QC techs at the plant,

Still Happy
By dvkiel

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the Versa 14 months ago and am just now approaching 9000 miles on it and so far I have not had any issues with the vehicle. I am getting a very consistent 29-31 mpg commuting around town. Haven't taken it on any long trips as yet but would expect the mpg to be very good.

Keyless intelligent entry is great, Bluetooth hands free phone service is veryy convenient The CVT transmission is very smooth and enjoyable.

Center console arm rest is a not practical at all and needs to be raised as well as made longer. Electric mirror adjustment button is placed very poorly for ease of use. Rear seat not fully able to fold flat is a poor design. Radio display is hard to see in the daylight. Need daytime running lights.

Dissapointing new car
By Alan Magnes

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought 1.6 versa without air conditioning or radio. After purchase I find out that there is no kit to add air conditioning. I dont know about the 1.8 versa but this 5 speed has the engine turning at 3000 rpm at 60mph,sounds like it is ready to blow up at highway speed. I am very dissapointed overall and will get rid of this thing before the warm weather.

Inside room, it is comfortable to sit in and easy to get in and out.

Gear it higher so it does not feel like it is always in 3rd gear. Make a kit so that air conditioning can be added.

Niisan Versa
By versaS09

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ive owned this versa sedan Sport for about 7 months now, and its one of the best cars in every comparison from its class. I have test drove the other ones in its class and this is really the best. When I drive this car, I am 6.2ft and 260 pounds. This car dosent feel "cramped" when driving. The performace for this size car is excellent!! interior room is excellent!!! Overall this car is probally not gonna be traded in anytime soon! For any one who loves modifying, your gonna love it even more!! its even prewired for fog lights (SL and some S), and a rear spoiler!! come on, thats nice!! I was hesitent to buy a nissan, not knowing anything about them, but Im glad I did, and you would be too!!!

Power, torque, room, style, versitility, easy entering and exiting, comfort, good radio for a basic "no frills" car.

The front passenger leg room, MPG, 5 speed auto instead of 4 speed, speed over 70 is at 3000-3500 RPMs, and the engine lets you know that, sport package for sedan.