Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Niisan Versa
By versaS09

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ive owned this versa sedan Sport for about 7 months now, and its one of the best cars in every comparison from its class. I have test drove the other ones in its class and this is really the best. When I drive this car, I am 6.2ft and 260 pounds. This car dosent feel "cramped" when driving. The performace for this size car is excellent!! interior room is excellent!!! Overall this car is probally not gonna be traded in anytime soon! For any one who loves modifying, your gonna love it even more!! its even prewired for fog lights (SL and some S), and a rear spoiler!! come on, thats nice!! I was hesitent to buy a nissan, not knowing anything about them, but Im glad I did, and you would be too!!!

Power, torque, room, style, versitility, easy entering and exiting, comfort, good radio for a basic "no frills" car.

The front passenger leg room, MPG, 5 speed auto instead of 4 speed, speed over 70 is at 3000-3500 RPMs, and the engine lets you know that, sport package for sedan.

Great affordable car
By CJ & Rich

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We replaced our old Ford F 150 extended cab with the new Versa. Our other Vehicle is a 2001 Ford F250 crew cab, so going small was a big issue for us. We were used to having lots of room. We have had our Versa for 3 months. So far, we love it. It is very comfortable especially for it's size. We recently took a 700+ mile trip down to Florida in it. We are not little people by any stretch of the imagination, yet we were quite comfortable. Gas mileage was a strong 36 to 38 miles to the gallon....we love that!

Love it's style, Gas millage, Comfort and handling. We are glad we got the Moon Roof, it makes feel bigger inside.

More places to plug electronic accessories in. Cup holders in back seat. bigger & longer armrests in front seats...they are really wimpy and short.

Good Civic Corolla alternative.
By ZYZEX

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Roomy-ness and comfortable interior in small car for tall people describes the overall driving experience. The quality of Nissan is much improved than I remembered. I feel the effects of the merger with Renault. There is a blend of European design cues mixed with Asian. Front seats are high of the floor like in a Jetta. You comfortably sit with your knees bent, not straight like in a sports car. At 6'3" I find plenty of head room. Did not come with a stock radio for $1k more. Install a way better one, for not even half.

Gas tank cap on the passenger side makes waiting for a gas station pump easier now because most cars have gas caps on the driver side.

Made in Mexico, better monitor the quality. Had a badly installed wire from the factory removed and refitted because it shorted the O2 sensor. Gas mileage seem to have dropped after the first tank even with fwy and ease on the gas peddle driving. Key fob on passenger side needed.

Great car for tall men
By John

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am 6'3" tall. I was looking for a small, fuel efficient, reliable car that was as comfortable as possible. I tried Honda's, Toyota's, Hyundai's, Fords, Chevey's, Susuki's and Nissan's. Of all, the Nissan Versa was by far the most comfortable-lots of legroom, headroom, backseat room, a quiet interior and comfortable front and back seats. It also sits higher off the ground so when you get out of the car you don't have to hold onto the edges of the door frame to pull yourself up and out of the car - something that gets real old after a few days. And Consumer Reports gave most of the car's components a "Well Above Average" rating for durability. Plus the most inexpensive and great mileage!

Alot of the small cars come only in a dark interior. Versa has a light beige interior, which living in Florida is much cooler in the summers.

There is no center console between the front seats. Us big guys really need a hanger for those long arms. I'm going to build one for myself but wouldn't it be incredible if Nissan came out with a manufactured insert console that we could purchase at the dealer? They'd sell thousands and be CS heroes

Great value economy car
By gregoron

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2009 1.8S hatchback model with a 4sp auto trans, and no pwr door locks and pwr windows. Overall, it's a good daily commuter car with a roomy and elegant interior for its class. I think this car delivers more value than its competitors the Honda Fit, Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Accent, and Scion xD. I get around 20 mpg in town so far. But at 500 miles, I did have a faulty evap valve on the catalytic converter replaced by the dealer under warranty. It's a world car - aka Tiida in Europe/Japan. The US Versa is put together in Mexico with the engine and transmission assembled in Japan. I'm pleased with the car. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish and frugal daily commuter.

Nice exterior and interior design. Engine has some power on the low end and has advanced features such as EVVT, electric power steering, drive-by-wire throttle, and a timing CHAIN. Shocks have good dampening to give a smooth ride in town and highway.

I'd suggest an in-car trunk release for those without power door locks. Better fuel economy would be nice. More space between the accelerator and brake pedals.