2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Okay drive, but don't get too excited.
By codfish78 on 02/02/10 10:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle last summer during the CASH FOR CLUNKERS program. No problem at all so far. With the $4500 discount, $150 additional discount for scrap value, plus the dealer's free destination fee, I paid $5340 plus tax for the basic model. Mine is dark metallic blue with a charcoal interior. I think it looks pretty sharp. The car does all the basics well, but I wouldn't want this to be my only vehicle. I am 6' 4" tall and weigh over 300lbs. and I fit into this car easily. In fact, I find it quite comfortable. If I had to pay sticker price, I would have gone elsewhere. However, for the price I paid, I think this car is quite decent. See my specific likes/dislikes below.

Very Happy
By New to Nissan on 01/27/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new 6500 miles ago. Used mainly as a commuter and around town car. Not a single problem so far.

best buy in the market
By 8995.00 on 01/11/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is an unbelievable value. quiet, smooth shifting, comfortable, economic and tight little car. I purchased it to keep the miles off my diesel truck, but my daughter liked it so much she kept it for her graduation gift. No problems, no repairs. I guess I will have to purchase another one for me.

2009 Nissan Versa 1.5L Sedan w/AC
By BShaffer on 12/28/09 06:08 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I went out to get a fuel efficient entry level car, and this one is what I landed on. I used to like Toyotas, but in comparison to the 1.5L Yaris, this thing takes the cake. This motor, for what it is, really screams. I drove it through 14 inches of snow without a problem last week, and am getting over 40MPG highway on long trips. My average MPG is around 34. It costs around 7.5 cents per mile for gas, which is better than everything else I own, other than my Harley. I did notice a drop in mileage after the synthetic oil was put in at the dealership at 8000 miles. You're not going to beat too many people at the drag strip in this thing, but it's a nice little car.

Happy with the Versa
By Jason on 12/03/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car new in July of this year. Am happy with it to date. I don't know about the 1.6, but I find the 1.8 has more than enough power. I do a lot of highway mileage, and the car never has any problem reaching highway speeds. Fuel consumption is Ok... I guess that's the price you pay for having a car with more power and that is slightly larger than the competition. Due to the car's height and it's low weight it tends to get blown around a little on windy days, but again I suppose that is to be expected. I think the interior space is exceptional. My father has a Pathfinder and it has nowhere near the interior room that the Versa has. Overall a nice little car, I would buy another!

Poor Quality
By Zane on 12/03/09 09:23 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our Versa for 2 oil changes and if Nissan had the same program as GM we would give it back. We have had Nissan since there name was Datsun, and this is absolutely the worst Nissan we have had for quality. The basic problem is that most everything that has broken cannot be fixed; as most of them are interment. Two examples; one the serpentine belt squeals – not all the time - not every day; two the CVT belt has a low level gone (low frequency noise), you can sometimes hear when stopped and the radio is off. Both of these problem will only get worse, I just hope they “break” while the car is still under warranty.

Still Happy
By dvkiel on 12/02/09 00:45 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the Versa 14 months ago and am just now approaching 9000 miles on it and so far I have not had any issues with the vehicle. I am getting a very consistent 29-31 mpg commuting around town. Haven't taken it on any long trips as yet but would expect the mpg to be very good.

Dissapointing new car
By Alan Magnes on 11/23/09 13:15 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought 1.6 versa without air conditioning or radio. After purchase I find out that there is no kit to add air conditioning. I dont know about the 1.8 versa but this 5 speed has the engine turning at 3000 rpm at 60mph,sounds like it is ready to blow up at highway speed. I am very dissapointed overall and will get rid of this thing before the warm weather.

Niisan Versa
By versaS09 on 11/22/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ive owned this versa sedan Sport for about 7 months now, and its one of the best cars in every comparison from its class. I have test drove the other ones in its class and this is really the best. When I drive this car, I am 6.2ft and 260 pounds. This car dosent feel "cramped" when driving. The performace for this size car is excellent!! interior room is excellent!!! Overall this car is probally not gonna be traded in anytime soon! For any one who loves modifying, your gonna love it even more!! its even prewired for fog lights (SL and some S), and a rear spoiler!! come on, thats nice!! I was hesitent to buy a nissan, not knowing anything about them, but Im glad I did, and you would be too!!!

Great affordable car
By CJ & Rich on 11/07/09 08:22 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We replaced our old Ford F 150 extended cab with the new Versa. Our other Vehicle is a 2001 Ford F250 crew cab, so going small was a big issue for us. We were used to having lots of room. We have had our Versa for 3 months. So far, we love it. It is very comfortable especially for it's size. We recently took a 700+ mile trip down to Florida in it. We are not little people by any stretch of the imagination, yet we were quite comfortable. Gas mileage was a strong 36 to 38 miles to the gallon....we love that!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$120 per month*