2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Nissan Versa Sedan Great Car
By john cooke on 02/23/10 16:19 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it the end of March 2009. Just wanted cheap transportation with good gas mileage. Got it. More room than anyone would imagine for a small car. I get 33 MPG in the winter and consistently 37 in the summer. My wife has a Honda Civic. I like the Nissan better. Great car.

2009 Nissan Versa 1.5L Sedan w/AC
By BShaffer on 12/28/09 06:08 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I went out to get a fuel efficient entry level car, and this one is what I landed on. I used to like Toyotas, but in comparison to the 1.5L Yaris, this thing takes the cake. This motor, for what it is, really screams. I drove it through 14 inches of snow without a problem last week, and am getting over 40MPG highway on long trips. My average MPG is around 34. It costs around 7.5 cents per mile for gas, which is better than everything else I own, other than my Harley. I did notice a drop in mileage after the synthetic oil was put in at the dealership at 8000 miles. You're not going to beat too many people at the drag strip in this thing, but it's a nice little car.

underated
By jj on 09/23/09 05:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my versa for the most part for the price and also the room. I am 6'3" tall, and it is difficult to find a comfortable small car. The Versa fits the bill. We liked the Versa so much that three months later we purchased another, this time the HB. Love them both. If you have the extra money- spring for the power option, my 1.6 has only A/C and it is very inconvenient to have no power locks or windows, although a small price to pay, for such a solid built, fuel efficient, comfortable car at that price.

Great MPG, Quiet, Comfortable, Quality
By Kraken on 09/01/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Brand new 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L / 5spd Sedan. Miles per gallons is underrated. With a combination of freeway and city street driving we are getting over 40 miles per gallon as an average. 400+miles with only 10 gallons of gas! So on the highway the mileage is probably well over 40mpg. This 1.6L sips gas even with the A/C on. Not only that but this 1.6L engine accelerates pretty well for it's size. Is surprisingly roomy for it's size as well. Fits 4 adults comfortably. Handles well, very much like a VW Golf or similar. Quiet engine and quiet ride.

Cash for Clunkers Buy
By Dave Shane on 08/30/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Versa Sedan 1.6 with 5 speed manual transmission and A/C with ABS through the "Cash for Clunkers" program. I wanted the least expensive car out there that had A/C and that an adult could fit into. I've owned Nissan's before and I know they make a better product. This car is made for practical adults. It has plenty of safety features and a lot of interior room. The truck is very roomy for vacation travel. For the kid in me, I do enjoy winding it up and going through the gears. It isn't a speed demon but I can get through traffic with ease if I'm running late.

Good Commuter Car
By Aryan Ashtiani on 08/21/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am seventeen years old and this car was given to me as a gift from my father. I use it to drive to school and to my friends houses everyday. I find its comfortable and all my friends like that the interior is quite spacious. I drive this car allot, and have found that while it is great to drive alone, as soon as the car fills up with over four people, the performance begins to decrease extensively with the added weight to the point where driving becomes a big challenge. This car has two main flaws. One is the clunky gearbox which makes shifting into gear an uncomfortable chore, and the other is the pathetic braking ability. Stopping distances are dangerously long without ABS.

Excellent MPG's and price
By robj80 on 05/07/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I grabbed this 1.6 because I needed a car and didn't want a used one. I have never gotten less then 34mpg mixed driving. It's way better then the EPA rated. The car costs very little, insurance is hardly nothing and it's so roomy.

Versa 1.6 Best Car Deal
By John S. in CT on 01/14/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think it looks fantastic. I like the faceted look at the edges of the trunk and hood. Anyway, form should follow function, and this car is very functional - it has more back seat leg room than many much larger and more expensive cars. It also has one of the largest trunks (sedan) in it's class. I think it's great fun to drive. If you want the best combination of low price, good gas mileage, large interior and trunk room, I think the Versa 1.6 wins hands down. Just put in a radio/CD and go, it already has 4 spkrs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan in VA is:

$119 per month*